• Hello!

Either you have not registered on this site yet, or you are registered but have not logged in. In either case, you will not be able to use the full functionality of this site until you have registered, and then logged in after your registration has been approved.

Registration is FREE, so please register so you can participate instead of remaining a lurker....

Please be certain that the location field is correctly filled out when you register. All registrations that appear to be bogus will be rejected. Which means that if your location field does NOT match the actual location of your registration IP address, then your registration will be rejected.

Sorry about the strictness of this requirement, but it is necessary to block spammers and scammers at the door as much as possible.

Mice Breeder Racks

madamwlf

Anyone know where I can buy a partial mouse breeder rack on-line?? I have small breeding colonies and don't need a whole set up. Thanks.

http://kreaturekeeper.com/kreaturekeeper/

www.freedombreeder.com

Here's a couple of places. Although it seems that Freedom Breeder's website is down at the moment. I would think it'll be back up soon, probably just down for some maintenance.

However, these caging systems are nice but pricey in my opinion. If you are handy with power tools or you know of someone that is, that would be willing to help. I would suggest building your own for considerably less money.

Here's a link to some pics of the first one I built...

http://www.cornsnakes.com/forums/showthread.php?t=14505

I have some other pics as well, if you would like to see specifics on how I did it.

Another good resource is...

http://www.dwightgood.com/snakes/projects.htm

I basically took Dwight's rack and tweaked it out just a bit.

If this is something you would like to try, let me know. I'd be more than willing to try and help you with anything I can.

Good luck,
Quigs

Neither one of those sites are even answering their phones. I wasn't looking for a complete set up, just a few levels. I'm not at all great with building and usually don't have time for such things. Right now my mice colonies are housed in aq

Both places offer just levels as well. Like I said, you're gonna pay dearly though.

Kreature Keeper Mouse Level:
Price = $249.00

That's only five tubs with suggested sex ratio as 1.4

Don't forget to include shipping on top of that!

Quigs

Do you want a hand-made one? Dwight Good is starting to make some small racks. They have 5 bins in them. Here is a picture of one of them:
mouseracktrace.jpg

I can e-mail you his contact info if you are interested.

I think he said he was going to charge around $75.00 for them. I do not know how much shipping would be, though. Also, that is a picture of his "prototype" rack. It was the first small one he made.

That's right, Terri! I mentioned his site and completely forgot he made racks to sell! I guess the thought slipped my mind because I built my own from his pics and ideas on the "do-it-yourself" page.

Sorry Dwight! :bowdown:

Quigs

Shame on you Quigs ;)

I could probably build one myself, but prefer to pay to have Dwight do it! I just don't have time right now to worry with doing it myself. Luckily, I can pick my rack up since Dwight lives close to me!

Thanks a lot guys. I've spoken with Dwight and I'll be going with him for my racks. heck of a lot cheaper then what I was going to pay. Thanks a lot!!!!

Back