CornSnakes.com Forums  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLinks ads? Register and log in!

Go Back   CornSnakes.com Forums > The CornSnake Forums > The Cultivars (morphs)/Genetics Issues
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

The Cultivars (morphs)/Genetics Issues Discussions about genetics issues and/or the various cultivars for cornsnakes commercially available.

Calling the TESSERA EXPERTS!

Old 08-11-2013, 05:00 PM   #61
BSLMichael
Quote:
Originally Posted by Walter Smith View Post
Hey Joe,
Just a FYI, if this is a link from your personal forum over on the "other" corn snake site, Rich has his site set up to where any links to that site trying to be posted are blocked.

I'm sure you didn't know. I found out a while back as well trying to do so and simply not knowing about the block.

Walter
BOUT' CORNS !!
No wonder I couldn't link pictures!

Old 08-11-2013, 06:17 PM   #62
Tom Tuttle
Quote:
Originally Posted by ecreipeoj View Post
I bought a Tessera het Striped Lava from Tom, because I like the pheno of his Tessera. It is either het for Striped OR Motley. Now that I know, all I have to do is breed it to a Motley instead of a Striped and more Motley Tessera will be produced than if I bred it to a Striped.

I will also breed him to a Striped Lava just to see if he is het for Striped or Motley, but the breedings to a Lava Motley or Ice Motley will be most interesting.
That clutch was produced from this male. Hope that helps. I plan on running mine to striped lava provided she's large enough.

Old 12-08-2013, 09:23 PM   #63
SquamishSerpents
Quote:
Originally Posted by SODERBERGD View Post
Most of you are aware that FAR from the United States are rat snakes found around the Greek Islands that have a mutation like Tessera. This mutant that is fairly common in the wild range of Leopard Rat Snakes Elaphe situla is remarkably like our corn snake Tessera Mutation. If you GOOGLE IMAGE search Striped Leopard Rat Snake, you'll see many examples. I'm told that striped variants are found that exhibit contiguous stripes, but those are not the result of an additional striped gene mutation - like our Tessera corn snake mutants.

This picture of a wild-caught mutant was provided today by Daniel Bohle of Germany.

Digging this up again, I was reminded of this thread when asked for updated pics of the baby in question in my first post.

But WOW, this snake in the picture I quoted is very interesting. Check out these Blood/Diffused (whatever) Tessera I produced this year:

And my holdback Pewter Tessera:

Both snakes pictured are siblings. I assumed it was the Bloodred/Diffused (again - whatever :P) doing the abberant breaking up of the pattern.

Old 12-21-2018, 06:03 PM   #64
ecreipeoj
Calling the TESSERA EXPERTS!

Quote:
Originally Posted by airenlow View Post
Shocker! Hey, I thought they were just jungle corns anyway...
Today it is common knowledge that this is the Motley Tessera Phenotype.

Here are some photos of my favorite Motley Tessera, a Blue Motley Tessera het Striped.

My Blue Motley Tessera is not "just" a jungle corn, it is "Super, Super, Duper, Blue Motley Jungle Corn". or a Blue Motley Striped California King Snake, or some other hybrid combination.

What is the definition of a hybrid marker? What is the definition of "No Hybrid Markers"?

Old 12-21-2018, 08:44 PM   #65
Walter Smith
Quote:
Originally Posted by ecreipeoj View Post
Today it is common knowledge that this is the Motley Tessera Phenotype.

Here are some photos of my favorite Motley Tessera, a Blue Motley Tessera het Striped.

My Blue Motley Tessera is not "just" a jungle corn, it is "Super, Super, Duper, Blue Motley Jungle Corn". or a Blue Motley Striped California King Snake, or some other hybrid combination.

What is the definition of a hybrid marker? What is the definition of "No Hybrid Markers"?

WOW !!!! Nice looking critter there Joe !!!

Walter
BOUT' CORNS !!

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! Cornsnakes.com is the largest online community dedicated to cornsnakes . Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Google