• Hello!

Either you have not registered on this site yet, or you are registered but have not logged in. In either case, you will not be able to use the full functionality of this site until you have registered, and then logged in after your registration has been approved.

Registration is FREE, so please register so you can participate instead of remaining a lurker....

Please be certain that the location field is correctly filled out when you register. All registrations that appear to be bogus will be rejected. Which means that if your location field does NOT match the actual location of your registration IP address, then your registration will be rejected.

Sorry about the strictness of this requirement, but it is necessary to block spammers and scammers at the door as much as possible.

Just another can you guess the gender post.

boidavid

Hi all! Like the title says any guesses about the gender of my wife's ghost? I know the pics are pitiful but it's the best we can do at the moment. Any and thoughts are welcome. Thanks.
11511aba413d57d63c1e801cad37dec4.jpg
d7ea2394db72036ff7c8769e2ef416c8.jpg

Sent from my LGMP260 using Tapatalk

I didn't know blurs had gender. :grin01:

Next time have someone hold the snake by grasping the middle of the tail with one hand and just above the vent with the other. You'll have better luck getting useful photos. At any rate, a vet or local reptile shop might have better answers regardless.

I can't even tell what kind of animal it is, let alone the gender.

Some good quality, clear pictures are necessary for what you are asking.

Yeah it was kind of a spur of the moment thing. I appreciate the responses and thanks for your time anyway.

Yeah it was kind of a spur of the moment thing. I appreciate the responses and thanks for your time anyway.

It is quite difficult to tell via pics anyway... I'd say about 50/50 :D You're better off learning how to sex your snake or taking it to a reputable (experienced) vet to sex if it's important to you.

Enjoy!

Tonya

Some people can make a guess judging by the length of the tail, and possible hemipene bulges just after the vent. That isn't always accurate. Probing has never failed with my corns. A vet visit is costly, but try to find snake breeders in your area, if possible, who may probe the corn for you. Look up herp societies in your area too. Sometimes local rescues have a vet who visits to check on their new rescues. You may be able to make a deal to have your corn checked by making a contribution to the rescue. ( my camera doesn't take good pictures either, and there's no way my wife will hold a corn still enough. One squirm and the corn gets put down on the carpet)

As other have said it's hard to tell from the pics what sex it is, but it looks like it currently needs to go the bathroom.

Back