• Hello!

Either you have not registered on this site yet, or you are registered but have not logged in. In either case, you will not be able to use the full functionality of this site until you have registered, and then logged in after your registration has been approved.

Registration is FREE, so please register so you can participate instead of remaining a lurker....

Please be certain that the location field is correctly filled out when you register. All registrations that appear to be bogus will be rejected. Which means that if your location field does NOT match the actual location of your registration IP address, then your registration will be rejected.

Sorry about the strictness of this requirement, but it is necessary to block spammers and scammers at the door as much as possible.

Alien beetles attacking the house!

Tavia

Elemental Exotics
Our window just got bombarded with the creepiest beetle I've ever seen around here! Have never before seen one like it, they were about the size of a golf ball.

ea5b13ab72e31c910580b125b94f05b4_zps97b7decf.jpg

02b9ec14097c4f7af1aff7c4411f850f_zps5ded5ab9.jpg

d206d01139a426cc5bd7594eccf0eacc_zps03d0e5bb.jpg

438a0c27e8b6a175521fee5c6b77298f_zps53ed5dd7.jpg

73fe0e9ba30d66c442a496c20526afd2_zps438c4faa.jpg

20707fe086646cb31d92b2e4c9a632f4_zpsa1122d7c.jpg

And my favorite shot of the killer hybrid beetle/moth!
091d55d412de1af869c0f62270f64b27_zps3f01bd93.jpg

That is a type of scarab beetle! I think it's the Ten-Lined June beetle (also known as Watermelon Beetle).

Yeah, that's a ten-lined June beetle - completely harmless.
Here's one that I found in the desert:
scarab.jpg

During warm Summer nights they are attracted to light and make a lot of noise on window screens, trying to get in the house. Around here (Ohio) our June beetles are a "boring" brown, rather than being patterned like yours. Here's one that I found in the Metroparks a few weeks ago:
june_4237.jpg

We have little mini- June bugs here. I don't know what they really are, but they are like light brown June bugs, only about 1/4" long.

We every now and then get the brown "June bugs" like the one in that picture but they aren't hairy and don't have the weird feelers.

scarab.jpg

During warm Summer nights they are attracted to light and make a lot of noise on window screens, trying to get in the house. Around here (Ohio) our June beetles are a "boring" brown, rather than being patterned like yours. Here's one that I found in the Metroparks a few weeks ago:
june_4237.jpg

Oh man I just hate these.. They make my life hell in summers.. But thanks for pics

During warm Summer nights they are attracted to led light and make a lot of noise on window screens, trying to get in the house. Around here (Ohio) our June beetles are a "boring" brown, rather than being patterned like yours. Here's one that I found in the Metroparks a few weeks ago:

Oh man I just hate these.. They make my life hell in summers.. But thanks for pics
Yeah these are mosse beetle

Back