• Hello!

Either you have not registered on this site yet, or you are registered but have not logged in. In either case, you will not be able to use the full functionality of this site until you have registered, and then logged in after your registration has been approved.

Registration is FREE, so please register so you can participate instead of remaining a lurker....

Please be certain that the location field is correctly filled out when you register. All registrations that appear to be bogus will be rejected. Which means that if your location field does NOT match the actual location of your registration IP address, then your registration will be rejected.

Sorry about the strictness of this requirement, but it is necessary to block spammers and scammers at the door as much as possible.

Moderator needed - apply within, please.

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have given my nomination for the position of moderator a lot of thought (as you can see by my late post in this thread). Most importantly, I feel like I would have to constantly rein in my normal self in order to behave in manner suitable for a moderator. In addition, Robbie is one of my closest friends, and I know he dearly wants that position, and I do not want to have to battle him for it, or make our mutual friends have to choose between us. I am sincerely honored that so many people think I would do a good job, but I would like to respectfully decline the nomination for this round, while not saying I would _never_ be interested in a moderator position. It's a tough decision to which I have given much thought.

Nanci, I have to admit that you would be much better than me for the position, and I wouldn't have held it against you in the least if you ran as well. (Not to mention I'd have voted for you instead of me. LOL)

Well, Nanci, that was beautiful. Graceful, kind, sincere, thoughtful, and selfless.

Unfortunately, your statement is in stone, now that Lucille has quoted it (but, oops, removed the quote)....anyhoo, by your words, and those very things I mentioned above, you are no longer eligible to become POTUS either.

Last edited:
WOW Nanci, I am stunned. That is not the statement I expected to hear from you. You would have been great. Now look what we’re left with.

Reconsider, Nanci. There is no volunteer or nominee whom I would object to as a team member, but I would have voted for you.

Most importantly, I feel like I would have to constantly rein in my normal self in order to behave in manner suitable for a moderator.

I think what people have been saying is that you wouldn't--that we've already seen a lot of your normal self and you in your normal form would be perfect for the job!

In addition, Robbie is one of my closest friends, and I know he dearly wants that position, and I do not want to have to battle him for it, or make our mutual friends have to choose between us.
Oh, sigh. Research has shown that this is part (only part, but part nonetheless) of the reason why women don't get ahead as much as men in corporate and academic settings. We are often too cooperative for our own good in settings that don't reward cooperation as much as they reward competition. I respect your position on this and I understand it, but I do wish you didn't feel this way about it. :)

Reconsider, Nanci. There is no volunteer or nominee whom I would object to as a team member, but I would have voted for you.

I second this, Nanci. As much as I absolutely adore all the other candidates, you are the Queen of CS.Com. Loved by the masses, fair minded, and you have just the right amount of snarkiness to get the job done. Not to mention that you, maybe even more than the other wonderful candidates, have the ability to be here even during your down time at work. If you truly decline here, can I somehow sway you to come to MY site? I'd give my left fin to have you as a mod on my fish board!!!

I third it! Nanci, you are such a kind, understanding person. You have not good husbandry, not great husbandry, THE BEST husbadry! No kidding! Your animals shine! You listen to people that have vast experience to newbies! You would be a great moderator!

Nanciiiiii, I really wish you would reconsider... I mean, I don't want you to run if you're really not up for it but.. I just really wish you would reconsider. You have always been someone I look up to, truth be told. :eek:

I third it! Nanci, you are such a kind, understanding person. You have not good husbandry, not great husbandry, THE BEST husbadry! No kidding! Your animals shine! You listen to people that have vast experience to newbies! You would be a great moderator!

Wow, for once, me and the kid agree on something!! :laugh:

Add to the above mentioned, you've been here for so long, and it's obvious that you're not going to leave the site. You're a truly long established member with an absolute devotion to the site and and its members. I sincerely mean no disrespect to the other candidates.....all mentioned are people I absolutely adore, but when it comes down to someone with the cajones, the maturity AND the love of everything cs.com...you absolutely shine. :)

Nanci, I can only repeat what everyone else said. I said it in the DYK thread, too, but you would be a wonderful moderator, and far better than anyone else running (myself included).

Most importantly, I feel like I would have to constantly rein in my normal self in order to behave in manner suitable for a moderator.

You are joking, right? If not, then Lord help us all if Dean ever resigns his moderator position here..... :roflmao:

I'll join the conga line as well.....

Nanci, please reconsider. The anti-panda, pro-bacon plank of your campaign alone would get my vote. ;)

Dale

Nanci, I was one of the first to suggest you as mod....
That has to be one of the no brainer decisions on here....
And don't look upon it as standing against a friend, more like standing to represent lots of friends....

You are joking, right? If not, then Lord help us all if Dean ever resigns his moderator position here..... :roflmao:

You mean again? LOL. (I couldn't help.) ...but seriously, Nanci would be MY FIRST choice if I vote and she's running. PLUS, I think she reads more of the posts than any other 3 people here....and that's great!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back