CornSnakes.com Forums  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLinks ads? Register and log in!

Go Back   CornSnakes.com Forums > The CornSnake Forums > Feeders
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

Feeders Any and all issues about raising rats, mice, or anything else that you feed your cornsnakes.

Raising Mice Repticon Savannah

Old 03-07-2014, 09:57 AM   #1
Myca
Raising Mice Repticon Savannah

I am thinking of raising my own mice. I am not real thrilled with the idea of Euthanasia. [Like a town in Hell] I have been watching YouTube videos and Mike does have two large CO2 tanks.
I am not sure it is anymore cost effective.
The guys on YouTube seem to think it is.
When I started looking I noticed that there are some really pretty mice out there. Petsmart has white ones. You would think they would have something colorful if they plan to sell them as pets.

Do Repticon events normally have someone selling live mice?
I figure if I raise them they may as well be pretty.

Old 03-07-2014, 12:34 PM   #2
Mari
Every Repticon I've been to has had live and frozen mice and rats, but make sure you check the vendor list to make sure. Vendor lists are always on their websites.

And you're right! There are some pretty patterns that mice and rats can be. I really love the sable and the marbling they can have.

Old 03-07-2014, 01:45 PM   #3
kc261
If you check craigslist, you might find some local, small scale feeder breeders on there. Or someone who wants to get rid of their pet mice.

I haven't been to a Repticon, but I've been to several different reptile shows and most of them had live feeders available. You might only find albinos, though.

I bred my own mice for several years, and enjoyed it a lot. They do stink, though, which is what made me stop. There is a lot you can do to reduce the smell, but not eliminate it completely. If you get a nice variety of colors, it adds to the fun.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! Cornsnakes.com is the largest online community dedicated to cornsnakes . Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Google