• Hello!

Either you have not registered on this site yet, or you are registered but have not logged in. In either case, you will not be able to use the full functionality of this site until you have registered, and then logged in after your registration has been approved.

Registration is FREE, so please register so you can participate instead of remaining a lurker....

Please be certain that the location field is correctly filled out when you register. All registrations that appear to be bogus will be rejected. Which means that if your location field does NOT match the actual location of your registration IP address, then your registration will be rejected.

Sorry about the strictness of this requirement, but it is necessary to block spammers and scammers at the door as much as possible.

Help name a Kitty

leia

In a few weeks my family is getting a new kitten!

My mom met it, she thinks it's a girl. It has blue eyes and is grey & white striped short-hair.

So I am trying to think of a good name.
I'd like it to be silly and cute, and start with a C or a K.
My old cat was named Clairabelle, my Betta is Bender, my snake is Snoogins. You can see the patern and some of the names I like.

Like if there was a funny word or name from some movie or random cartoon or TV show, that would be nice. If not, whatever, I'm just looking for ideas and a lot of you guys seem creative in your naming.

I don't have pictures yet, but just you wait....there will be tons of pictures.

Twinkle or Sparkle

I just have to suggest either or those names....

The story of Twinkle and Sparkle... Hubby and I bought a house and moved in in August. We soon discovered a family of alley cats had taken up residence under the shed we had already dubbed the "mouse house" as the home of my rodent breeding enterprise. Soon they all got names. There was the momma kitty, aptly named Momma Kitty, a very pretty black cat with a white nose, bib, legs. Then there were the two gray tabby kitties that became favorites...they were the most bold of the young ones. Sparkle was a long haired tabby, with the same white bib and feet as momma, only she had a tabby colored smudge next to her mouth, and eight toes on each front foot. She would watch the snakes through the kitchen window and stand on her hind legs and get VERY tall in te course of her curiosity. Her brother, Twinkle, was an all grey tabby cat with a cute dark brown nose. He became my favorite, and boy did he love to hang out with me during mouse-cage-cleanings (and he never let a mouse jump out of my hands and NOT regret it!). I really liked Twinkle, because he was so responsive. These are wild not tame kitties, but they had names and would allow touches after a while. Twinkle was so very much my favorite. *sniffle*... Then a neighbor moved into the repossessed house next door. They have a dog. And one day we heard murder going on in the backyard nextdoor. Sparkle AND Twinkle were never seen again. :( Now we just have Momma Kitty, plus two of her less friendly young ones, "Pretty Face" who is a short haired gray tabby with a white bib and feet, and Cocalico, a calico colored cat with white bib and feet. So we only knew Twinkle and Sparkle for less than 6 months, but they were in our hearts and are sorely missed in the couple of months since they were killed by the neighbors dog.

This summer, when I'm on vacation, I plan on catching them all and taking them to a shelter that will spay and neuter them and give them proper shots as a free service.

How about:

Kimba (From 1960's Japanese cartoon "Kimba the White Lion")
Choo Choo (Errand bound cat character from Hanna-Barbera's "Top Cat")
Callisto (Meaning: A satellite of the planet Jupiter. Famous Usage: In Greek Mythology a nymph beloved of Zeus that he placed in the sky as the constellation of Ursa Major.)
Cirrus (Meaning: High altitude cloud with narrow patches of thin, white, fleecy parts.)
Kuma (Meaning: Bear (Japanese). Also to call - kuma (come) here.)

Here is a list of "C" names.

And a list of "K" names.

And one more name site.

I have one that is kinda close to your last cat's name...it's also the name of my little one...CLARICE.

Sasheena said:
Twinkle or Sparkle

I just have to suggest either or those names....

That was a sad (but nice) story! Poor cats...

Well, my old cat was named Codey. My cousin had cats named Sonic and Molly, and a friend of mine had a cat named Fatsy.

My boyfriend's cat's name is Kitty, but... he's not very creative.

Think of the name Camille,(sounds like KA- MEEL) ..I always liked that name.

Well here goes my attempt. =P

Cleo
Comet
Kosmo/Cosmo/Cosmos
Kermit (yes, I had a girl cat named that once)
Cici/Ceecee
Ciera (pronounced like Sierra)
Kirby (can't resist the chubby pink thing =P )
Ceres (goddess of the harvest)
Calamity

Thanks for the ideas guys.

I'd changed my critera a little bit :) Now I'm thinking a name based on mythology, or even better, Egyptian mythology or even a pharohess of ancient egypt.

Current ideas are:
Circe
Isis
Bastet (best one, goddess of that cats, but I don't like the way the name sounds)

or if it's a boy kitty, Khufu

Well in that case...

Cleopatra

She wasn't a pharaoh but she was the daughter of one! And at 17 or 18 years old she became the queen of Egypt!

Also works with your cat = c name specifications!

Good luck.

Quigs

Well, this one fits both criteria:
Callisto (Meaning: A satellite of the planet Jupiter. Famous Usage: In Greek Mythology a nymph beloved of Zeus that he placed in the sky as the constellation of Ursa Major.)

Back