• Hello!

Either you have not registered on this site yet, or you are registered but have not logged in. In either case, you will not be able to use the full functionality of this site until you have registered, and then logged in after your registration has been approved.

Registration is FREE, so please register so you can participate instead of remaining a lurker....

Please be certain that the location field is correctly filled out when you register. All registrations that appear to be bogus will be rejected. Which means that if your location field does NOT match the actual location of your registration IP address, then your registration will be rejected.

Sorry about the strictness of this requirement, but it is necessary to block spammers and scammers at the door as much as possible.

cornsnake hatclings feeding..

Slams

Hi, im the guy that posted in the thread of dirty sanchez about my baby cornsnakes (hatclings) that didnt eat. Well i put them inside a deli-cup type of container with wholes on the top of it (the top is white though not see through) and i wrapped a black shirt around the container (side not top with wholes) and then the pinky in there also. So im gonna leave it there over night and get back to you guys to let you know what happens. Ok thanks :)

No luck..

left them over night and no progress , they just there and the snake is still there, im about ready to give up on these corn snakes and get another ball, they eat so easy just dangle it infront of them and snap they eat it.

Yeah all ball pythons are not voracious feeders either.

Try the deli cup method again in a few days but just a pinkie head. Or you can just cut open the pinkie's head, but I've gotten better results with a pinkie head rather than a brained pinkie.

If you don't want to wrap a shirt around and everything, put them in the deli cups and put the deli cups in a shoebox and close the lid so it's dark. It helps if you leave them in a room that's quiet with no really big disturbances and vibrations and things.

Are you trying frozen/thawed or live pinkies? Sometimes a live pinkie crawling around the delicup or paperbag will bother them and they will strike and eat. Once they start eating you can switch them to frozen/thawed. Don't give up yet, sometimes it just takes patience.

live pinkies

i feed them live pinkies. ill try the shoebox thing next time. The owner of the snake store where i purchased them told me that they are very young and that to be patient and just wait a couple more days. ill try one more time with a live pinky and then ill try killing it and cutting its head off.

Oh..that might get kind of messy. If you want, you can freeze a pinkie and then their heads snap off pretty easily.

Also, this is just a personal experience I had: My stubborn feeder was scared of live pinkies (I think) and always stayed as far away as possible from the pinkie. I tried 3 live pinkies and then tried a thawed pinkie head over the course of 2 weeks and she took the pinkie head within 15 mins of my putting it in her feeding box.

ok ill try

ill try then one more time the whole pinkie, then ill try the head only.. isnt the head not enough nutrition?

Just the head will do for a little while. After feeding them the pinkie heads a couple times you would move up to a whole small pinkie, normally.

Back