CornSnakes.com Forums  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLinks ads? Register and log in!

Go Back   CornSnakes.com Forums > The CornSnake Forums > Behavior
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Notices

Behavior General topics or questions concerning the way your cornsnake may be acting.

Scenting??

Old 05-21-2002, 07:13 AM   #1
Rachel
Question Scenting??

Just wondering if anyone has experienced this with their snakes??
My female (1.5 yrs old) was acting very strange which I put down to breeding behaviour. But last night I noticed that she was very active, slithering all over her tank and when she went over her mossy bit of cork wood, she lifted and arched her tail (kinda like a c shape up from the vent) and it looked like she rubbed herself all over the bark. I have never noticed her lifting her tail like this ( I thoght at first maybe she was straining to do a poo but I checked and fresh faeces were done at the other end of the cage). So she's definately not compacted ( definately her poos and not the males...they crap in different areas).
Anyone dare to hazard a guess??

Old 05-24-2002, 06:44 AM   #2
Rachel
I take it none of you could hazard a guess? She did it again this morning...I'm pretty sure she hasn't got an impaction. Please, any input would be appreciated......

Old 05-26-2002, 02:55 AM   #3
Warren
Hi,

You said there was a freash defecation on one side of the cage. I would say you just missed the big event!! In other words...your snake had just gone to the bathroom when you saw it with it's tail raised.
Snakes will often drag their tail in the air for a few seconds,(possibly up to a minute or so) after defecating. Perhaps to avoid dragging their tail in the poop. It's nothing to be concerned about.

L8r,
wc

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! Cornsnakes.com is the largest online community dedicated to cornsnakes . Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Google