CornSnakes.com Forums  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLinks ads? Register and log in!

Go Back   CornSnakes.com Forums > The CornSnake Forums > Behavior
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

Behavior General topics or questions concerning the way your cornsnake may be acting.

Taking a snooze

Old 05-21-2002, 08:53 PM   #1
Kilojara16
Taking a snooze

Snakes have no eyelids, right? Is there another way to tell if it's asleep?zzzzzzzzzzz

Old 05-22-2002, 12:58 PM   #2
Kaz
Apart from the obvious signs of sleep mode ie: no movement, look at your snakes eyes. When asleep the pupils go very small almost to a pinpoint, and when they are awake the pupils are very large, almost to the point that their eyes look black. The other thing about the eyes when asleep is, one pupil may be looking upwards and the other may be looking downwards, when awake the eyes are definately looking the same way.

Old 05-22-2002, 04:15 PM   #3
Kilojara16
Hmm...

Hmm... That's the same way I sleep Just kiddin'. I used to sleep with my eyes open, but not like a snake.

Old 05-30-2002, 07:33 PM   #4
HaggasCheff
LOL! I too once tried to sleep with my eyes open when I was about 5. I think I was trying to convince my dad that I was in fact asleep, and not jumping on my bed. I was just sleeping like the snakes do! He didn't buy it.

That is interesting. I was wondering how to know if the snakes were asleep. I did not know about the pupils constricting. Coolness.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! Cornsnakes.com is the largest online community dedicated to cornsnakes . Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Google