• Hello!

Either you have not registered on this site yet, or you are registered but have not logged in. In either case, you will not be able to use the full functionality of this site until you have registered, and then logged in after your registration has been approved.

Registration is FREE, so please register so you can participate instead of remaining a lurker....

Please be certain that the location field is correctly filled out when you register. All registrations that appear to be bogus will be rejected. Which means that if your location field does NOT match the actual location of your registration IP address, then your registration will be rejected.

Sorry about the strictness of this requirement, but it is necessary to block spammers and scammers at the door as much as possible.

Special requirements for Miami phase corns?

02TransAmWS6

I bought my first snake a few weeks ago (Miami phase) and I've read that some humidity is good for them since they're native to the SE US area. So far all I've done is put a humidity box in his enclosure but he never goes in there. He seems to be doing well and has shed already and eaten both times I've offered.

So I'm wondering what all of you think. I'm especially interested in opinions from current or former Miami owners. Should I do more like use a substrate other than aspen to make his habitat more humid or am I worrying for nothing?

I'm pretty sure that you don't need more humidity just because it's a Miami phase. My (anery stripe) boy was shipped up from Florida to Michigan, and I did keep a humid hide in his cage for a while, then started taking it out between sheds. He adjusted just fine. :)

Your water bowl should provide ample humidity regardless the locality or mutation of corn. If you have shedding problems, then I'd reassess your viv.

Back