• Hello!

Either you have not registered on this site yet, or you are registered but have not logged in. In either case, you will not be able to use the full functionality of this site until you have registered, and then logged in after your registration has been approved.

Registration is FREE, so please register so you can participate instead of remaining a lurker....

Please be certain that the location field is correctly filled out when you register. All registrations that appear to be bogus will be rejected. Which means that if your location field does NOT match the actual location of your registration IP address, then your registration will be rejected.

Sorry about the strictness of this requirement, but it is necessary to block spammers and scammers at the door as much as possible.

Storage

Buy a cheap Glad vacuum sealer at the grocery store. Then use quart and gallon sized bags, and put those inside sealed plastic containers, like those flip-lock type.

Is there any way without using a vacuum sealer?

Sent from my KFSOWI using Tapatalk

Yeah, do the same thing with freezer bags, and get the air out the best you can.

The advantage of the vacuum sealer is it gets the moisture-carrying air out. Moisture causes freezer burn. If you can eliminate it, the mice last longer.

The little ones you buy at the grocery store are super-cheap, and you can use the bags over and over. it's very cost-efficient.

Is there any way without using a vacuum sealer?

Sent from my KFSOWI using Tapatalk

Without some sort of sealer it's hard if not impossible to get the air out so they will still freezer burn eventually even if put into another locking type container.

I'd do as Nanci suggested and get the ziploc sealer, will make your life much easier as you won't have fuss with trying to remove the air each time you open the bag, just use the hand pump to pull out the moisture and your good to go.

Just purchased the Ziploc Vacuum Starter Kit and a dozen quart bags for a total of $7.90. I've been playing around with it and will start using it instead of dragging out the food saver.

1. the bags are easier to open no cutting.
2. you can actually pump all the air out of several bags in the same amount of time it would take to get down the food saver.
3. bags are less expensive and reusable without cutting, food saver bags get smaller each use because you have to cut them open.

Back