• Hello!

Either you have not registered on this site yet, or you are registered but have not logged in. In either case, you will not be able to use the full functionality of this site until you have registered, and then logged in after your registration has been approved.

Registration is FREE, so please register so you can participate instead of remaining a lurker....

Please be certain that the location field is correctly filled out when you register. All registrations that appear to be bogus will be rejected. Which means that if your location field does NOT match the actual location of your registration IP address, then your registration will be rejected.

Sorry about the strictness of this requirement, but it is necessary to block spammers and scammers at the door as much as possible.

Alabama (locality) project

MysticExotics

(formerly NWHeather)
This pair will be going to a new home after this years breeding season. (After the female lays eggs and has some time to recover).

The ages on these two are unknown, as they are both WC animals, that have been captive for a few years.

The male is pictured first, the female second.
The male, "Bigfoot" was found in Pike County,and the female "Serious" was found in northern AL, in St. Claire County.

Attachments

• DSC_0917 (2).JPG
    DSC_0917 (2).JPG
    179.6 KB · Views: 156
  • DSC_0926 (2).JPG
    DSC_0926 (2).JPG
    171.8 KB · Views: 156
Last edited:
That male looks amazing. Does he have that slight chrome hue in natural light?

I've seen a cornsnake two or three times in SW Michigan and once in SW Florida. The michigan corn was small but looked like the more normal-type captive corns with red and yellow, and the one I saw in florida looked very brown and orange, with less red/yellow in it. It's cool to see the changes based on location. The female has a lot more definition to her yellow!

-Travis

That male looks amazing. Does he have that slight chrome hue in natural light?

I've seen a cornsnake two or three times in SW Michigan and once in SW Florida. The michigan corn was small but looked like the more normal-type captive corns with red and yellow, and the one I saw in florida looked very brown and orange, with less red/yellow in it. It's cool to see the changes based on location. The female has a lot more definition to her yellow!

-Travis
Thank you Travis!
They do have a metallic look to them, although I think part of what you are seeing might be flash glare.
This isn't the best photo, (I'm at work) but this is a female Alabama that I had a few years back. I regret letting her go. She was amazing!

Are these from two corny people
Yes, this pair in the main thread are from Buzz (the one I just pictured was not).

Attachments

• 47307_272205_Medium2_61sAoe4YR0a.jpg
    47307_272205_Medium2_61sAoe4YR0a.jpg
    10.9 KB · Views: 132
That looks really cool. I see that metallic/pearlescent silver in all three snakes, instead of just a grey. They seem to have that metallic look all through their color line. Bronze and copper tones instead of red and orange, etc... That female in the picture looks glorious. And I love how the yellow has broken up in the female on the original post. Instead of the yellow bled into the sides and belly, it has a very solid placement and defined edge.

Very cool. If I had any amount of preparation or spare change for this pair, I would be blowing up your inbox like World War II Berlin.

-Travis

That looks really cool. I see that metallic/pearlescent silver in all three snakes, instead of just a grey. They seem to have that metallic look all through their color line. Bronze and copper tones instead of red and orange, etc... That female in the picture looks glorious. And I love how the yellow has broken up in the female on the original post. Instead of the yellow bled into the sides and belly, it has a very solid placement and defined edge.

Very cool. If I had any amount of preparation or spare change for this pair, I would be blowing up your inbox like World War II Berlin.

-Travis

LOL!
I have had a couple people already express interest, but the person who they will be going to already will be focused on carring on the Alabama project.

I love how they are similar to Miami's (one of my favorite morphs) but they are even better with their metallic coloring.

Last edited:
This pair will be available after this years breeding season. (After the female lays eggs and has some time to recover).

The ages on these two are unknown, as they are both WC animals, that have been captive for a few years.

The male is pictured first, the female second.
The male, "Bigfoot" was found in Pike County,and the female "Serious" was found in northern AL, in St. Claire County.

Please email me at MysticExotics(at)gmail.com if you are interested in this pair.
I think you posted about my question regarding feeding my corn two pinkies because of the size available at my local pet store.

Sorry I couldn't figure out how to just write you. I'm not sure how much much it weighs but it is about a foot and a half long but still pretty thin.

Back