CornSnakes.com Forums  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLinks ads? Register and log in!

Go Back   CornSnakes.com Forums > The CornSnake Forums > The Cultivars (morphs)/Genetics Issues
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

The Cultivars (morphs)/Genetics Issues Discussions about genetics issues and/or the various cultivars for cornsnakes commercially available.

stupid breeders why cant you just leave things be

Old 03-21-2012, 12:41 PM   #1
asnakecalled?
stupid breeders why cant you just leave things be

i've just been reading how ultra is not corn snake its gray rat so my question to you all is why breed something to a corn and pass it off as a pure corn, why not just tell the truth and tell people they are hybrids. and what else in the corn snake morphs are hybrids with other snake species (i'm not on about the stuff we already know about i mean the other morphs i mean for all we know a Palmetto might be part king snake)

now i'm going to sell all my corns if that what they are, i think ill start a collection of old world rat snakes at least i will know they are pure and not crossed with any thing you want,
i think the american government are right they should make all reptile owners register there animals so we now who's breeding what.

Old 03-21-2012, 12:46 PM   #2
tsst
Quote:
Originally Posted by asnakecalled? View Post
... i think the american government are right they should make all reptile owners register there animals ...
That should get you far on this website!

Old 03-21-2012, 12:48 PM   #3
asnakecalled?
at least we would find out if what people are breeding are what they say they are.

Old 03-21-2012, 01:08 PM   #4
Susan
To blame the POSSIBLE non-corn snake lineage in the ultra morphs on the US government is just ridiculous. Registration is only as good as the information supplied. As a vet tech for over 29 years, I've seen more than my share of "purebred and registered" dogs and cats that were quite obvious mutts. But then again, most of the breeds the world knows today were created by mixing one breed with another to enhance certain traits to get a desired final product. I don't think ANYONE can say with any 100% certainty that ANY snake, wild or cb, is 100% "pure". The darn things DO interbreed in the wild, you know.

If you have such an issue with the purity of the snakes you own and want to sell all of your corn snakes, please do. The rest of the corn snake world will not mourn your loss.

Old 03-21-2012, 01:17 PM   #5
asnakecalled?
Quote:
i think the american government are right they should make all reptile owners register there animals so we now who's breeding what.
where abouts does it say i'm blaming the US government ?
i'm NOT blaming the US government i'm blaming the breeders that tell you its a corn snake when its just obviously not.

Old 03-21-2012, 01:30 PM   #6
firfly
Quote:
i've just been reading how ultra is not corn snake its gray rat so my question to you all is why breed something to a corn and pass it off as a pure corn, why not just tell the truth and tell people they are hybrids. and what else in the corn snake morphs are hybrids with other snake species (i'm not on about the stuff we already know about i mean the other morphs i mean for all we know a Palmetto might be part king snake)

now i'm going to sell all my corns if that what they are, i think ill start a collection of old world rat snakes at least i will know they are pure and not crossed with any thing you want,
Fortunately, although argued these days the American government is run by the people, for the people not vise-versa, they arent going to make the American people do anything. I think thats why we kicked the British out!

Old 03-21-2012, 01:37 PM   #7
firfly
Ok and just let me go ahead and apologize now for the British comment. I just think it is best to stay out of political talks unless you are a citizen of said county.

Old 03-21-2012, 01:41 PM   #8
Carinata
Wow. So much to go over......

First of all, the US government doesn't need to have anything to do with my reptiles. Also if these bans passed, the UK market would hurt because many of the morphs that are over here aren't yet across the pond.

There will be breeders who are not ethical it's part of the business. When I sell animals I disclose everything to the buyer. Some people don't do that. We can't ban a hobby because some people are idiots. Why do you want to punish an entire hobby because of one snake?

Old 03-21-2012, 01:43 PM   #9
Nanci
Quote:

Go for it!!!

Old 03-21-2012, 01:46 PM   #10
Carinata
You do know that Old World Rats are jumbled too?

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! Cornsnakes.com is the largest online community dedicated to cornsnakes . Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Google