CornSnakes.com Forums  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLinks ads? Register and log in!

Go Back   CornSnakes.com Forums > The CornSnake Forums > DIY Projects
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Notices

DIY Projects Use this forum to post threads related to home made projects for your corns... Vivariums, hides, decorations, accessories, you name it. Anything to save some bucks or give your personalized touch.

Making CO2

Old 03-08-2012, 06:03 PM   #1
AliCat37
Making CO2

So it's that time again where the fuzzies are getting to be "hoppers" and I hate killing baby mice.. I have heard that one can create a CO2 chamber out of vinegar and baking soda, how would one accomplish this?

Old 03-08-2012, 06:29 PM   #2
gelshark
here's a utube i found
www.youtube.com/watch?v=vUhfejGMb2M
hope that helps

Old 03-08-2012, 06:38 PM   #3
AliCat37
thank you!!

Old 03-08-2012, 09:35 PM   #4
Sai_Keths
Half as many C's as O's! Hehe

Old 04-09-2012, 12:13 PM   #5
proileri
Or if you want to just add gas, you can get co2-tanks for soda machines in home appliances stores, me thinks. Then you just need a suitable valve and a hose for it from the hardware store plumbing section. Another source for co2-tanks would be stores selling airsoft guns / paintball guns.

Old 04-09-2012, 03:22 PM   #6
ken347
The vinegar method is pretty simple although my opinion is the paintball co2 would be easier get a tote a drill a nozzle and glue you can have a easy co2 chamber where you can get the tank refilled although the vinegar method takes a decent amount of vinegar and baking soda each time you use it

Old 04-09-2012, 03:31 PM   #7
AliCat37
This thread is about a month old guys!
I don't have the money to buy a CO2 tank, there is vinegar and baking soda laying around the house.

Old 04-09-2012, 03:50 PM   #8
ken347
I didnt chech the date sorry lol I just looked at it at the top of the list

Old 04-09-2012, 03:55 PM   #9
diamondlil
I tried this method when I was raisng mice, and really couldn't stand it. I found a quick 'flick' to the back of the head worked quicker for fuzzies and cervical dislocation for the hoppers upwards.

Old 04-10-2012, 12:36 AM   #10
proileri
Quote:
Originally Posted by AliCat37 View Post
This thread is about a month old guys!
I don't have the money to buy a CO2 tank, there is vinegar and baking soda laying around the house.
Shouldn't be that expensive, though. The small bottles are something like 20 bucks, and refills are few bucks a pop.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! Cornsnakes.com is the largest online community dedicated to cornsnakes . Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Google