• Hello!

Either you have not registered on this site yet, or you are registered but have not logged in. In either case, you will not be able to use the full functionality of this site until you have registered, and then logged in after your registration has been approved.

Registration is FREE, so please register so you can participate instead of remaining a lurker....

Please be certain that the location field is correctly filled out when you register. All registrations that appear to be bogus will be rejected. Which means that if your location field does NOT match the actual location of your registration IP address, then your registration will be rejected.

Sorry about the strictness of this requirement, but it is necessary to block spammers and scammers at the door as much as possible.

possible new morph? You decide

Ya about you starsevol. People should think twice before they try to buy from you. God know you might ship them to the wrong place. Or just give them bad advice. Oh and if you ever threaten me again i will post your business up everywhere to everyone that you are uneducated and not to be trusted. Dont think i will? Ive done it before and will do it to you. This is not a threat this is a promise.

Ya about you starsevol. People should think twice before they try to buy from you. God know you might ship them to the wrong place. Or just give them bad advice. Oh and if you ever threaten me again i will post your business up everywhere to everyone that you are uneducated and not to be trusted. Dont think i will? Ive done it before and will do it to you. This is not a threat this is a promise.

That is un-called for.

You had your chance in the community. People apologized for saying some of the things they did. This crossed a line, you sound like a nasty spoiled brat, which I'm certain is not how you want to be seen.

1) I have been doing this a longgg time and people here know me.

2) Because I did not know where Dr Betchel caught the first amel, or got the Okeetee state wrong is not an issue here.

3) Exactly what "bad advice" did I give. Show me! Do you know what the word "advice" means?

4) I WILL NOT allow the people on this forum to buy misrepresented animals from someone who thinks "Kentucky corns" carry amel and anery! Sorry, not gonna happen. As far as being uneducated, just look at what you have posted!!

Oh, and by the by, I know a little more about you than you think I do. And if you EVER post anything false about me to try to ruin me, I will post this thread in my defense. Your ignorance when it comes to genetics is appalling, but not quite as appalling as your people skills. Good day sir!!!

Wow, personal threats aside. I think we all need to retreat to our corners and relax a little. I have disagreements with Bethany from time to time, but we never let it get like this. It seems to me like someone just wants a fight. Aside from a couple of honest mistakes, which she owned up to, I have not read any "bad advice" from her. So please aries, educate yourself. If you really want to know what you have, put the morphs of the parents into the corncalc, and see what the babies should look like. Iansvivarium has lots of cool pictures of the different morphs.

Another thing aries, most people who have replied to you on this thread, have done so in order to help you further your understanding into what you actually have. You have gotten overly agressive and defensive about what you think you have, and have attacked members with threats. They were just trying to help you so that you do not go to another place and make yourself look like an idiot, because it can happen. Face it bud, there are people who have more experience, and knowledge about a certain subject than you. It happens.... Time to learn from it.

To barroness starsevol started the whole thing just look at her last post. A threat is a threat. Shouldnt have gotten this far but clearly she IS uneducated. Sure you've been doing this for years starsevol so what continue to do it wrong i dont care. Forums are suppose to be here for educational purpose not for you to continue to bash others or misinform others about laws conserning normals in other states you dont live in. One mistake on your part and its ok one on someone else and its world war 3. I think you need to look at yourself first, before judging me Miss. Now if you have anything to say that is helpful instead of threatening then by all means please speak otherwise dont.:blowup:

ALL RIGHT COOL IT- EVERYONE!!! While you are taking a time out, please review the site rules, if you need to!

To barroness starsevol started the whole thing just look at her last post. A threat is a threat. Shouldnt have gotten this far but clearly she IS uneducated. Sure you've been doing this for years starsevol so what continue to do it wrong i dont care. Forums are suppose to be here for educational purpose not for you to continue to bash others or misinform others about laws conserning normals in other states you dont live in. One mistake on your part and its ok one on someone else and its world war 3. I think you need to look at yourself first, before judging me Miss. Now if you have anything to say that is helpful instead of threatening then by all means please speak otherwise dont.:blowup:

You are upset with me because I stated that if I see you MISREPRESENTING animals I will speak up. Why is that? Because you would rather misrepesent than become educated on genetics?

What exactly am I doing wrong?

I never posted about laws concerning normals in other states, you clearly have me confused with someone else.

Not the only thing you are confused about, I might add....

And ATPSS, I like you and respect you a ton. And I want you to know that if we ever disagree again that will never ever change.

Wow, personal threats aside. I think we all need to retreat to our corners and relax a little. I have disagreements with Bethany from time to time, but we never let it get like this. It seems to me like someone just wants a fight. Aside from a couple of honest mistakes, which she owned up to, I have not read any "bad advice" from her. So please aries, educate yourself. If you really want to know what you have, put the morphs of the parents into the corncalc, and see what the babies should look like. Iansvivarium has lots of cool pictures of the different morphs.

Another thing aries, most people who have replied to you on this thread, have done so in order to help you further your understanding into what you actually have. You have gotten overly agressive and defensive about what you think you have, and have attacked members with threats. They were just trying to help you so that you do not go to another place and make yourself look like an idiot, because it can happen. Face it bud, there are people who have more experience, and knowledge about a certain subject than you. It happens.... Time to learn from it.
ok i can agree with that but correcting my grammer statement was that really called for by her. Im not here to fight with anyone. I simply wanted opinions from others about these two corns. The other stuff was initiated by her and others in her defense. And yes please give advice i never said i know everything, i think we all keep learning no matter age.

Christen the parents are my Bloodred het pied male and my amel het charcal het lavender female. Took alot of time to get the right mix of genes.
So to bring this back to your original question, exactly what in this pairing is it you think is making a new morph? what do you think the hatchlings are? As I can only see a motley and a striped (cube) hatchling, both parents must be het for motley and stripe. Can you show the parents?

You know, people tried to help you. You are grossly misinformed on genetics. They gave you links to helpful learning tools. They even apologized for a mistake. Yet you went across line of civility and posted this drivel.

Beth would have a pretty strong defamation case against you there. Follow through with those fabricated lies and that's a slam dunk case.

Slow your roll. People were trying to help to help you. You really really need to read up on genetics. Somewhere along the line someone told you some very bad information. We are trying to help you be a better breeder/seller.

On your corns aries, I have seen something that looked like them before. Can't exactly remember where, but it turned out to be a normal. As it grew its colors began to even out. It did have something to do with incubation time, I believe.
But, if you were to try and ask me what I see there, it would be a normal. I really don't see anything to sway me in the direction of Amel, or Anery.

Aries, are you aware that hatchlings' colors change drastically after the first shed? And that there is a phenomenon called "late blooming" in which hatchlings come out with underdeveloped coloration, which intensifies with each successive shed?

Aries, are you aware that hatchlings' colors change drastically after the first shed? And that there is a phenomenon called "late blooming" in which hatchlings come out with underdeveloped coloration, which intensifies with each successive shed?

If your asking if i know colors can change yes i do. I have an amber male that was once more white in color and he has since changed. Yes i do know that. Like i said im not new to this. The first of my corns has shed and i will post in a few.

Why I am doing this, I don't know. But let's assume for one minute that I am as uneducated as aries seems to think I am.
I went to the site that I suggested he go to, corncalc.com and put in the genetics that he posted for his male and his female corn. If his corns are exactly what he says they are, this is the result he SHOULD have gotten.

Male: Diffused

Female: Amel het Charcoal, Lavender

Phenotype:

1 / 1 Normal het Amel, Diffused 50% poss het. Lavender, Charcoal

Genotype:

1 / 4 Normal het Amel, Diffused

1 / 4 Normal het Amel, Diffused, Lavender

1 / 4 Normal het Amel, Charcoal, Diffused

1 / 4 Normal het Amel, Charcoal, Diffused, Lavender

It appears that he has stripe and motley genes floating around, which is a complete and wonderful surprise. But that second snake is much more special than that first one because it seems that the male bloodred was het for either charcoal or lavender.

Now I love normals as much as the next person, but why would someone work for years and years to try to hatch one? That part makes me scratch my head!

I see a normal or classically colored motley and what appears to be a lavender motley. I suppose it could be a het motley/stripe (trundlefart for those up on their genetics) but I don't want to add further confusion to this conversation.

aries I have a suggestion or two: Maybe you should introduce yourself, tell about your snakes, how long you have had them, what morphs you have, maybe what your target morph is. There is a new member introduction forum, it is always good to start there. Maybe you could do some reading Kathy Love's book, Don Sodaburg... work with corncalc. You talk in absolutes i.e. incubation temp perfect, yet it took 90+ days. Your use of the word pip, as I understand it pipping is when the snake uses is egg tooth to slit the egg and begin its journey into the world. You use pipping as a derogatory term something bad breeders do, that is slitting. You mix up the actions and statements of people who are posting in this thread even joining the names of people. Maybe you are typing faster then your brain is thinking. I think if you would go back and read what people wrote and your responses you are the aggressor.

Post shed pic

Attachments

• 2012-10-29_14-25-03_429-1.jpg
    2012-10-29_14-25-03_429-1.jpg
    13.8 KB · Views: 126
  • 2012-10-29_14-26-18_244-1.jpg
    2012-10-29_14-26-18_244-1.jpg
    28.2 KB · Views: 126
Back