CornSnakes.com Forums  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLinks ads? Register and log in!

Go Back   CornSnakes.com Forums > The CornSnake Forums > Feeders
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

Feeders Any and all issues about raising rats, mice, or anything else that you feed your cornsnakes.

Feeding night, 2 new snakes, help

Old 01-30-2014, 10:16 PM   #1
Ripsaw642
Red face Feeding night, 2 new snakes, help

Okay 2 new snakes, i fed small one a 18g fuzzy last thursday. So here's what I've got. 580g granite, 380g hypo, and i've got 2 18g and 4 16g fuzzy rats. Should i give them both a 18g, and just the granite a 16g as well?Maybe give the hypo a pinky rat too? I want to go on a 14 day schedule with these 2. Before anyone says get proper size feeders, I've got pups coming next week. Thanks for everyone's help !

Old 01-31-2014, 05:45 AM   #2
Nanci
Well, I'd be feeding them on a 14 day schedule, for one thing, not weekly. _maybe_ 10 days for the smaller one, if you can do an alternating-day schedule for just one snake. (It _does_ leave you with digestion on different days, which is nice).

I would just stick with bigger fuzzies for the bigger snake, one at a time, and smaller fuzzies for the smaller snake, one at a time. I would keep the total weight for the larger snake at 28g or less.

Old 01-31-2014, 06:11 AM   #3
Ripsaw642
Thanks Nanci, thats just what i did. I will feed them both again in 10 days, just because both meals were a little small for them, then both on 14 days after.

Old 02-21-2014, 05:58 AM   #4
smigon
I would stay away from rats, they are very fattening, and you don't want a fat snake! From what I have been told, the largest size mice are fine for a fully grown corn.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! Cornsnakes.com is the largest online community dedicated to cornsnakes . Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Google