CornSnakes.com Forums  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLinks ads? Register and log in!

Go Back   CornSnakes.com Forums > The CornSnake Forums > Feeders
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

Feeders Any and all issues about raising rats, mice, or anything else that you feed your cornsnakes.

Is it time to feed her two pinkies?

Old 02-05-2014, 02:04 PM   #1
The Cat
Is it time to feed her two pinkies?

After feeding Melody last night, I noticed that the bump is less significant than last week's feeding. I checked on her this morning and I think the lump is gone. Should I start feeding her two pinkies? Maybe one and a half?

Old 02-05-2014, 02:10 PM   #2
LittleFrog
Melody is just so pretty!

How much does she weigh? I'm still so new to all of this, so I've been using the Munsen plan, as it makes it so much easier (for me, anyway, lol) to determine when to move up a level in feeding size/amount.

Old 02-05-2014, 02:12 PM   #3
The Cat
Quote:
Originally Posted by LittleFrog View Post
Melody is just so pretty!

How much does she weigh? I'm still so new to all of this, so I've been using the Munsen plan, as it makes it so much easier (for me, anyway, lol) to determine when to move up a level in feeding size/amount.
Thanks!

I have no idea what she weighs. I haven't got a scale yet, which I probably should get.

Old 02-05-2014, 02:13 PM   #4
LittleFrog
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Cat View Post
Thanks!

I have no idea what she weighs. I haven't got a scale yet, which I probably should get.
I'd get one if I were you. It's just plain fun to track how they're growing, plus it makes determining when to move up a stage in feeding so easy for a nervous newbie like me, lol.

Old 02-05-2014, 02:19 PM   #5
The Cat
I'll start looking for scales. It would be very helpful, seeing as I'm worried to mover her up.

Old 02-05-2014, 02:41 PM   #6
HVani
Scales are pretty cheap on Amazon. I think I paid $15 for mine. It's awesome to see how much my babies are growing

Old 02-05-2014, 04:24 PM   #7
Myca
and you can buy them at Target, Walmart too.

Old 02-05-2014, 04:25 PM   #8
Myca
Melody is lovely. What morph is she? also like that interesting little pattern change mid way down.

Old 02-05-2014, 05:07 PM   #9
The Cat
Quote:
Originally Posted by Myca View Post
Melody is lovely. What morph is she? also like that interesting little pattern change mid way down.
Melody's a ghost. Thank you.

Old 02-05-2014, 05:23 PM   #10
NH93
Very gorgeous!
I personally think you can try two pinkies - or, do a little test. How quickly would you say she eats a pinky? If you don't watch her, try having a look next time (and have 2 pinkies prepared just in case). If she gobbles it up no problem and it seems quick to you, she's probably good for another one. Anther sign is if they continue looking for food afterwards... although some do this regardless

Or, to be cautious, you could wait until you have a scale. I got a nice digital kitchen scale from an army surplus store for $8!

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! Cornsnakes.com is the largest online community dedicated to cornsnakes . Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Google