CornSnakes.com Forums  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLinks ads? Register and log in!

Go Back   CornSnakes.com Forums > Classifieds Section > Corn Snakes Wanted
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

Corn Snakes Wanted Looking for something special and you don't know who has it for sale? Post what you are looking for here and see if you get any bites.

corn snake wanted in arizona

Old 02-24-2014, 10:36 AM   #11
Nanci
Well tell your grandpa thanks for making your snake die. Seriously, if you don't have a means of providing the proper conditions and food and housing for animals now, just wait until you are out on your own and have things under control. Animals shouldn't have to pay with their lives for your inability to care for them properly. I'm sorry if the truth hurts, but they are NOT disposable.

Old 02-24-2014, 11:54 AM   #12
anerythristic/okeete
i know that they had been fine until they got moved, this is off topic but does anyone have experience with western banded geckos

Old 02-24-2014, 12:03 PM   #13
Nanci
If you can't provide the correct prey size, they are not fine.

Old 02-24-2014, 02:54 PM   #14
Sekani
This could've been easily prevented and if you are still keeping other animals somewhere that you know is too cold, I'd move them otherwise you'll have a graveyard on your hands!

Old 02-24-2014, 03:48 PM   #15
MysticExotics
Quote:
Originally Posted by anerythristic/okeete View Post
i have been thinking about getting a summer job at my local pet store but i have not had the chance to talk with the owner. these past few months my grandparents have had several pets die, my snakes, 3 of my goldfish and several of their cockateil[they usef to have 10 now they have 4 males and one female] the only things that haven't had any trouble are my chickens, my puppyand my tarantula, we had moved the tanks into a new room shortly before christmas and i think the coldside became too cold[thats where i found both of them, i had tried to convince my grandpa to get two hoppers but he wouldn't go for it.
I agree that it's probably best to just wait until you are on your own and control their environment.
Those animals should not have died.
If your grandfather is hindering proper care for the animals, then it would be best for the animals for you to wait until they can be given proper care.

Old 02-24-2014, 07:40 PM   #16
anerythristic/okeete
i had the proper size up until a few weeks ago

Old 02-24-2014, 08:02 PM   #17
MysticExotics
It's not just the feeder size that is the problem.

You mentioned several animals have died.

If you cannot provide proper care (including proper temps and food size), whether it be do to your granparents or otherwise, then it is best to wait until you are in a position where you can provide proper husbandry before getting more animals.

It's great that you can recognize proper and inproper husbandry, but until you can provide the animals with proper care, it's better for the animals to wait.

Old 02-24-2014, 08:08 PM   #18
MysticExotics
We are just trying to help, and our first priority is the well being of the animals.

Old 02-24-2014, 11:08 PM   #19
anerythristic/okeete
thanks for all of the encouragement.
but realy i do see what you are talking about

Old 02-27-2014, 08:52 PM   #20
Spencer
I don't think this guy should be allowed to Care for pets. He just....like...Uhmmmmm my snake died....anyone got another one.....didn't seem to bother him much

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! Cornsnakes.com is the largest online community dedicated to cornsnakes . Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Google