CornSnakes.com Forums  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLinks ads? Register and log in!

Go Back   CornSnakes.com Forums > Classifieds Section > Corn Snakes Wanted
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Notices

Corn Snakes Wanted Looking for something special and you don't know who has it for sale? Post what you are looking for here and see if you get any bites.

corn snake wanted in arizona

Old 03-01-2014, 10:30 AM   #21
anerythristic/okeete
I CRIED ALL NIGHT ABOUT MY BELOVED YEARLING! it was just weird to have three empty tanks, my grandarents promised me a new one but 8 wanted to see if i could get one that i knew more about its past and parentage i wasn't expecting one yet i just wanted to know that they were available, spencer

Old 03-01-2014, 10:32 AM   #22
anerythristic/okeete
you pissed me off saying i dont care about my pets!

Old 03-01-2014, 11:04 AM   #23
Walter Smith
Correct me if I'm wrong, but shouldn't this thread be in the "Corn Snakes Wanted" section and not the "For Sale" section??

Walter
BOUT' CORNS !!

Old 03-02-2014, 01:35 AM   #24
Spencer
I'm sure you Care about your snakes man. But you don't Care for them properly. You should wait before jumping in to another one until you learn how to take Care of them. They are not toys. To be honest, of all the pets you could have, snakes are ones that require the least Care. But they do require Care. You can't just have snakes die and get new ones like they are some kinda inexpensive toy.

Old 03-02-2014, 08:30 AM   #25
AliCat37
Sorry, but I kinda have to agree with Spencer. These are living animals. Not "oh it died, I'll just get another one." You blame the feeder size as the reason for death, but have not answered my question to you- if they were too big, WHY DID YOU NOT CUT THEM INTO SMALLER PIECES??? For the last few weeks I have not had mice small enough to feed my 15 gram babies, so I have been cutting up hoppers into thirds or halves depending on the size and feeding them.
Also, you KNOW regurges require special care, so the fact that you kept feeding your snake anyway, without the proper wait time, without a gut enhancer, and without tiny cut up easy to digest pieces is what ultimately resulted in the death of your snake(s). Just because you have an "empty" tank doesn't mean you should take on another life that will end up sick and dead because you are not taking responsibility for its care. If you really feel the need to "fill the tank" why not make a terrarium and fill it with Venus flytraps or other interesting plants??

Old 03-02-2014, 08:47 AM   #26
kayladewi
Pitcher plants. I like them. They're pretty AND carnivorous.

Old 03-02-2014, 09:57 AM   #27
anerythristic/okeete
i had never heard of cutting them up before, and walter if you had read the earlier posts i had realized my mistake after the fact

Old 03-02-2014, 10:00 AM   #28
kayladewi
That doesn't mean it's the right time to own a snake though honey. Honestly, I waited 26 years to get my first pet snake, because I knew then that I could be responsible. I still have goofed a few times, but I made sure to read up, get as much info as I could, and be fully prepared for Colubra's arrival. Now, the only issues I've had have been minor and she's still, overall, a very happy and very well-cared-for snake.

Old 03-02-2014, 10:04 AM   #29
kayladewi
If you love pet snakes and you love animals in general, then do what is right for them and wait until you have this all straightened out first. The fact that your grandparents' birds are dying too is alarming. You should have the house checked for mold and carbon monoxide before you bring in another animal. It can be harmful to you too, if something like that is going on. And these smaller animals will show the signs first.

Old 03-02-2014, 11:01 AM   #30
Walter Smith
Quote:
Originally Posted by anerythristic/okeete View Post
walter if you had read the earlier posts i had realized my mistake after the fact
LOL............ok young grasshopper.

Walter
BOUT' CORNS !!

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! Cornsnakes.com is the largest online community dedicated to cornsnakes . Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Google