CornSnakes.com Forums  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLinks ads? Register and log in!

Go Back   CornSnakes.com Forums > The CornSnake Forums > The Cultivars (morphs)/Genetics Issues
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

The Cultivars (morphs)/Genetics Issues Discussions about genetics issues and/or the various cultivars for cornsnakes commercially available.

Yellow Okeetee?

Old 11-30-2004, 09:21 PM   #71
TheCornSnakeKid
If you havent filled up your orders, put me down for a male! What a beautiful snake! It looks like something Indians would worship because of its golded color! ALL HAIL TEH GOLDEN SERPENT!!

Old 11-30-2004, 10:37 PM   #72
Serpwidgets
Just wondering (assuming it turns out to be a simple-recessive trait) what anyone would want with a lone offspring from her?

Old 11-30-2004, 11:41 PM   #73
So Pirate55
i cant believe there hasnt been any offers posted on this original yet. I'm sure there are a few being sent through email.

Old 12-03-2004, 03:32 PM   #74
Sisuitl
Personally I would do the following with her. Catch a male near where you found her. It may not be a "new" mutation so much as a previously undiscovered recessive gene. Grabbing a male from her locale increases your chances at least of getting a guy who *may* be het for this trait, since she probably has siblings and cousins running around somewhere.

Breed them together, even if you end up with all normals (which will probably be the case) you'll have a bunch of babies who, if this is a genetic recessive deal, will all be carriers for this trait. You could then take the offspring, pick a couple of nice males, and breed them to their sisters. If it is a simple recessive you should get some goldens out of this. You could even breed back one of her sons to her, and increase your chances for more goldens.

Personally I would do this and establish the nature of the gene (dominant or recessive etc) before mixing it with a bunch of other mutations. Once she has a bunch of babies, and you get some nice males down the road, that would be time to buy a load of nice carmels or whatever you want to test them with, and breed them with everything under the sun. You'll certainly have a market for the offspring!

Old 12-03-2004, 03:35 PM   #75
howiet4702
Does anyone know if he is going to sell any of the offspring? I haven't seen him around in a while. Just curious..

Old 12-03-2004, 05:25 PM   #76
ChronicCorn
put me down for a female golden when you get babies. my e-mail is crestedgecko98@msn.com

Old 12-06-2004, 12:28 AM   #77
Blaqwraith
That snake is absolutely gorgeous. The colors are amazing.

Old 01-11-2005, 10:47 AM   #78
Virago
I don't know if anyone has said this yet but I was flippig through the manual today and on page 99 there's a very yellow corn with black borders. What do you think?

Old 01-11-2005, 12:23 PM   #79
Missy
wow, this is an old thread, lol

but she certainly is absolutely stunning!

if the owner has bred her and is selling her offspring i would like a male please.

Old 01-11-2005, 12:33 PM   #80
howiet4702
Has anyone heard from the owner?

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! Cornsnakes.com is the largest online community dedicated to cornsnakes . Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Google