CornSnakes.com Forums  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLinks ads? Register and log in!

Go Back   CornSnakes.com Forums > The CornSnake Forums > The Cultivars (morphs)/Genetics Issues
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

The Cultivars (morphs)/Genetics Issues Discussions about genetics issues and/or the various cultivars for cornsnakes commercially available.

BUF gene

Old 03-18-2010, 05:30 PM   #251
whippet
Eh...new morph or not, it's not very attractive. It's kinda like that patternless woma, even if it breeds true....I would not want one. It's a dull caramel or a brown normal. *shrugs* But to each their own.

Old 08-28-2010, 06:53 AM   #252
slangenbroed
Just for info

In 2008 and 2009 i did Buf het amel x Phantom
From these offsprings Buf and Normal all het amel-charcoal and hypo i got 8 eggs ( i was yet not planning to do this because i was in a house moving )
I got 1 normal 2 buf 1 hypo and one light orange 2 eggs gone down
and one "hypo buf " and maybe this brings more light in it.
Iám Think this is something that makes red orange maybe i kind of hypo that attacks the red pigment.And what will this do in bloodred, next year i will do that, and will this bred again with i hope 10 couples to let you see this is not a one day fly ( because i held the hole offspring from 2008 and 2009 back.

Greetings

Jan

Old 08-28-2010, 10:11 PM   #253
TandJ
Jan I seriously thought you had given up on the hobby totally....

As I have said before, I would love to get a few of those animals, not feasable for me though..

MHO, is that parts of this thread has pretty much ate it self up, but it was to be expected, when certain names are mentioned and certain people post.. I do this hobby for me, and you, and just wish it was at least helping me pay for what has gone on for me, which it hasn't.. As I have said in the past, I wanna start going reclusive, because of the politicing I see that goes on.. There are some "big" names I have no respect here or there, whether it be from personal relations, or their conduct when they are talking out the side of thier mouth..

Jan, just enjoy your hobby, thats the direction I really want to head towards myself, its not that I don't like people, its that people are making it harder for me to get along with them.. Good Luck!

Regards... Tim of T and J

Old 08-29-2010, 04:27 PM   #254
carnivorouszoo
I think this new one looks lovely and maybe 10 years or so from now I might look into importing from across the pond, but for now I want to become familiar with the easier to acquire morphs from this side. I look forward to working with a combo of amel, caramel, motley and stripe in about 2 years. I like this new oddity even if it ends up just a fluke.

Old 07-16-2011, 08:43 AM   #255
slangenbroed
Your test is done BUF X CARAMEL
Outcome normal-buf-amel-orange, no caramel or butters
:bowd own:

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! Cornsnakes.com is the largest online community dedicated to cornsnakes . Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Google

Tags
buf