• Hello!

Either you have not registered on this site yet, or you are registered but have not logged in. In either case, you will not be able to use the full functionality of this site until you have registered, and then logged in after your registration has been approved.

Registration is FREE, so please register so you can participate instead of remaining a lurker....

Please be certain that the location field is correctly filled out when you register. All registrations that appear to be bogus will be rejected. Which means that if your location field does NOT match the actual location of your registration IP address, then your registration will be rejected.

Sorry about the strictness of this requirement, but it is necessary to block spammers and scammers at the door as much as possible.

Anyone on facebook see this???

Either that or hes like a lot of people on this planet that just get defensive automatically for no real reason.. He blocked me now, so there will be no further correspondence..

Perhaps we can all try to contact him while keeping in mind to not ask questions... and just wait for the HD pictures.

I have a feeling they will never be posted. ;)

Yeah I agree.. some other people should contact him and wait for photos.. Cause I can even see if he posts them anymore.. LOL We shoudl FAKE contact him and say we are interested but would like to see more photos first. lol...

Yeah the extreme defensiveness kinda made me go yeah, your not even sure yourself or your lying...

I didnt think I was being mean to him.. I should post our FB messages for you to read.. is that wrong???

I did a search under Chuck Hurd and got 3 Chuck's and 2 Charlie's.

How can I find the guy?

So remember when I said the pattern wasn't a corn, and that if you stepped back you'd get a better idea of the pattern?

Well, this animal is on his page. Pattern look familiar?

Also, look at the second time the photoshopped image was linked, the larger of the two. On the "piebald's" neck you can actually see scales of the shape and size seen on the snake below, much larger and broader than the other scales on the shopped snake.

Picture removed at owner's request.

Last edited:
Megan (alias Sherlock Holmes), interesting. Excellent work.
And as I was saying about the keeled scales and odd body shape for a "corn"............:D ;)
The inside (concave) curve of a loop of snake body has that triangular cross-sectional shape that pit vipers have. (I was thinking water snake, Nerodia, but a copperhead will do just fine.)

I'm kind of clumsy with pics and stuff, but this region of serpentine morphology says 'not corn' :
The shadow, cast from light point of origin at 4-6 o'clock, even casts a shadow of the snake's dorsum on the external vertical concavity of the inside of the loop.

facebookmysterysnakescreen-capture.png

Last edited:
WOW I can see it Megan.. And compare the pattern on the piebalds head to the pattern on the other snakes head.. HA.... wow Great job girl!!! :)

Great job as well Eric.. I knew it.!!! HAHAHA!!!! ANd after what I just read about this guy.. I know what type of person he is and yeah..

Darn, I can't find the pics or discussion on his facebook site.

I only live a coupla hours from him. I could go take a real pic..... :)

I doubt it is a photo shop job.

From what I know about Chuck, he is big into hots..especially native hots...and not so much into colubrids and others. He has had a hot display at the Columbia Repticon Shows before to show the different species native to the state. I think if he was going to "joke" around and waste his time with photo shop you'd see a hot of some sort as those are his pride and joy.

If it was a PS prank, I can't see why Chuck is carrying it on.... Surly it wouldn't do his credibility any good to keep up the pretence..

I'm willing to give benefit of the doubt until I see a better pic than a cell phone one in light of what Jeff just said. There has never been a new cornsnake morph that wasn't accompanied by its naysayers, but if I had one, proving it was the real deal and showing the naysayers were wrong would be a big priority.

I wasn't kidding at all.....I saw that name and knew the person was here and hoping they would answer the questions. As usual the suspect didn't...what a bummer!

I'm with Jeff on this one.. I don't think its been PS, unlike some of the pictures I do see around here.. It could be a pied persian rat, but I think I am going to sit back and watch what unfolds..

Now only if Blue King would sit tight long enough to produce more of those metelic caramel looking things..

Regards... Tim of T and J

Back