CornSnakes.com Forums  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLinks ads? Register and log in!

Go Back   CornSnakes.com Forums > The CornSnake Forums > The Cultivars (morphs)/Genetics Issues
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

The Cultivars (morphs)/Genetics Issues Discussions about genetics issues and/or the various cultivars for cornsnakes commercially available.

Anyone on facebook see this???

Old 05-23-2010, 02:27 PM   #81
CrousesCorns
Dang what has happened? It was ChuckHurd as the screen name. Now it's not even listed in the members directory http://www.cornsnakes.com/forums/mem...e&ltr=C&page=7+

A search for the word chuck reveals nothing either http://www.cornsnakes.com/forums/mem....php?do=getall

Old 05-23-2010, 02:29 PM   #82
snakewispera snr
Rich Z has side lined him and bought the new morph as a great second coming... IMO

Old 05-23-2010, 02:41 PM   #83
RavenSpirit360
LOL!!!!!!!!!!!!! wow... Funny Mike

Old 05-23-2010, 02:46 PM   #84
snakewispera snr
Quote:
Originally Posted by RavenSpirit360 View Post
LOL!!!!!!!!!!!!! wow... Funny Mike
But it could be true.... I know he's missing snakes.... he has to be, I would be after making so many landmark discoveries......

Old 05-23-2010, 02:54 PM   #85
RavenSpirit360
Yeah I would be missing them too.. A friend of mine I used to work for at his cactus and succulent nursery.. he had the best place in town, ran it right outta his house, had a big customer base too.. Him and his wife decided a year and a half or more ago to retire and give up the business.. He went to Tuscon a few months back and brought back a bunch of plants with the idea of starting again... But he changed his mind.. I am sure the thought is there in Rich's mind, but then being reminded of all the work again, makes you question your desire to start again.. If I was him I would work on a few secret things and keep it small so I could still do it

Old 05-23-2010, 04:31 PM   #86
amazondoc
This thread is very very interesting.

I enlarge pics of the copperhead and the pied. I dunno about the rest of the snake, but the head scalation on the pied obviousy matches copperhead scales rather than rat scales.....

Old 05-23-2010, 04:41 PM   #87
vetusvates
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiari View Post
Danielle has it correct. You who think it isn't a shop, what about the obvious size and shape difference of the scales in the colored portion on the cranial third of that animal? Sizes and shapes that match the picture of the hot from his gallery?

Save the image, open it in any photo editing program, and enlarge it to 150% or better yet, 200%. You can clearly see the difference in size and shape of the scales. Equally, the scales on the head aren't tilted to quite the same degree as the head itself. And there's only two large scales on the nose, rather than two pairs. So absolutely not a corn snake.
DYK, excellent job again, Megan. I was going to do the exact same thing...enlarge the funky head. It looks disjointed to the right, and with that funky lower jaw...like it has a big smile on its face.
Quote:
Originally Posted by amazondoc View Post
This thread is very very interesting.

I enlarge pics of the copperhead and the pied. I dunno about the rest of the snake, but the head scalation on the pied obviousy matches copperhead scales rather than rat scales.....
See.....^^^
Quote:
Originally Posted by snakewispera snr View Post
didn't Chuck say he hated the boards because of this very reason???
And what does that mean, Mike?
Because truthfulness and forthrightness are upheld,...and deception without explanation is frowned upon and researched and dissected?

Old 05-23-2010, 05:45 PM   #88
snakewispera snr
Quote:
Originally Posted by vetusvates View Post

And what does that mean, Mike?
Because truthfulness and forthrightness are upheld,...and deception without explanation is frowned upon and researched and dissected?
No.... But I'm meeting so many people that won't visit forums because of key board warriors and google experts that they can't be bothered arguing with.... It's becoming endemic to the net and our hobby in general...

Old 05-23-2010, 06:09 PM   #89
vetusvates
Quote:
Originally Posted by snakewispera snr View Post
No.... But I'm meeting so many people that won't visit forums because of key board warriors and google experts that they can't be bothered arguing with.... It's becoming endemic to the net and our hobby in general...
Well, I tend to agree with you, in general, Mike. As I often do...you are very insightful and wise.

Which is why, regarding your quote above, when I see sincerity, well-informed and/or even very new and amateurish, I personally strive to be very understanding.
However...there is a vast difference between having patience and understanding while watching the newbie take their first few baby steps in the herp world...and standing by in silence (which implies approval) when a charlatan is knowingly perpetrating a farce, with motives less than noble, shall we say.

Old 05-23-2010, 06:41 PM   #90
danielle
I don't think this guy is not replying because he's intimidated, or just so over internet drama- he wouldn't have posted the pic if he was

He either was hoping some idiot would think it was real and purchase it for big money, which I hope is not the case; or he liked his photoshop session so much he put it in on facebook and was shocked when people replied. Maybe it was funny to him at first until he realized people were starting to talk. It no longer was so funny and he ran away- just a guess of course

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! Cornsnakes.com is the largest online community dedicated to cornsnakes . Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Google