CornSnakes.com Forums  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLinks ads? Register and log in!

Go Back   CornSnakes.com Forums > The CornSnake Forums > Feeders
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

Feeders Any and all issues about raising rats, mice, or anything else that you feed your cornsnakes.

shedding

Old 10-16-2006, 09:29 PM   #11
corner
Question Thanks for the help

Thanks for all the help, she just shed, full complete, it was beautiful One strange thing though, I was looking for the milky eyes (I knew about that) but hers never changed. The only reason I thought she might be shedding was because she has grown and she didn't eat (usually a good eater). So go figure, no milky eyes, I'll just have to keep an eye on her eating habits.

Will it take a few days for her to be hungry after she has shed? Thanks

Old 10-17-2006, 09:06 AM   #12
RedRaydin
It really depends on the snake

The eating after a shed really depends on the snake. Most corns won't eat a few days prior to shedding and that is typically a good sign (like you said previously). However some will eat next day after a shed, others might want to wait a couple of days. Only real way is to test yours to see. There is nothing wrong with attempting to feed it the next day after a shed. Just give it a try, worst case scenario if it doesn't want it you can try a couple of days down the road again. Hope this answers some of your question.

Old 10-17-2006, 09:08 AM   #13
RedRaydin
I had the same question when I first got on here after my snakes first shed and some people on here gave me this advice:

http://www.cornsnakes.com/forums/showthread.php?t=41433 (check out that thread). Pretty much just elaborates off of what I said in the previous reply. Later.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! Cornsnakes.com is the largest online community dedicated to cornsnakes . Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Google