• Hello!

Either you have not registered on this site yet, or you are registered but have not logged in. In either case, you will not be able to use the full functionality of this site until you have registered, and then logged in after your registration has been approved.

Registration is FREE, so please register so you can participate instead of remaining a lurker....

Please be certain that the location field is correctly filled out when you register. All registrations that appear to be bogus will be rejected. Which means that if your location field does NOT match the actual location of your registration IP address, then your registration will be rejected.

Sorry about the strictness of this requirement, but it is necessary to block spammers and scammers at the door as much as possible.

poop or regurge?

Cully

ok... I'm not worried or anything.. this post is just for piece of mind...

I only have my first corn (or snake) for about a week now... She's 3 months old.... She ate 2 pinkies about 3 days ago.

Now she was out of her hide and slithering around just now (about 72 hours after last feed) and I let her sit on my bed.... She seemed kinda jumpy, but that could easily be because she's not used to me.... but then I noticed she left me a little "present"...

I didn't see where it came from.. but there was a little pile of gunk.... now... I smelt it and it smelt almost like shrimp to me... it wasn't that strong or horrible, so I don't think it's a regurge....

What does snake poop generally look like? is it liquidy, or brown hard blobs, or what? just curious as I want to know if the poor thing just passed the mouse, or was afraid of me and regurged (which I don't think it was).

She's gone back into the warm part of her hide now... if that matters. :/

thanks for any help you can give.

Um, Sounds like poo to me. From what I understand a regurge would still have some mouse features, you know like a head and feet or a tail or something. My lil guy has never regurged (thankfully), but I have seen some pics on this site of regurges and it basically looks like half a dead mouse, and pretty gross. As far as poo goes mine usually voids everything all at once so you get a lil pile of brown goo surrounded by some liquid. Hey at least it only happens once a week. Beats having a cat if you ask me. :grin01:

definitely only goo, but it did have many different colours and seemed to be a blob and a little puddle outside it (of a different colour)... There were no mouse features or "hard" bits...

Like I said, she seemed fine, just a little nervous....

i have generally found with baby snakes that regurgitated mice are not very formed and it is sometimes difficult to see any features. when they're small like that their poo resembles a watery gooy substance and solidifies into something hard and crumbly and slightly yellowish in my experience. when they get older and start eating bigger mice there is more texture and colour and eventually fur and bones. there really isn't much to a baby mouse so they pretty much get entirely broken down. its hard to tell without seeing it what the goo is but i wouldn't worry too much about it unless it starts happening more regularly.

good luck!! :)

Also, from what I've heard, regurges smell HORRENDOUS, so I doubt it was one. This is a good thing. LOL

There have been a few threads where a regurge gave off no smell

I have sometimes seen pink lumps come out with regular poo.

Nicu22 said:
a lil pile of brown goo surrounded by some liquid.
Which contrasts nicely with white paper towels, making cleanup a breeze! Put that in your Bounty commercial! :grin01:

Snakes release urates, which are off-white, and poop (don't know the formal name :grin01: ) which is brown. So you should have two different colors to your poop.

Thanks guys... it was just poop... /fecal matter/s**t/cr**/ or whatever word you'd like to call it. :p

well i have the same question. I fed my guy around 17 hours ago, and the pinkie was pretty big. (around 2 times the size of his body) and now there is a pile of brown lumpy stuff, with a bit of white powder next to it. I could have a picture up in a bit if you want.

Derek54 said:
now there is a pile of brown lumpy stuff, with a bit of white powder next to it. QUOTE]

Although I did not see it, I would hazard fairly certain guess that it is definitely not regurge. When snakes pee, it is a liquid that turns to a white powder so it is quite likely he has digested it. You would be amazed how big of a mouse a snake can eat. :)

It depends a little bit on the temperature of the cage as well as the snake, but they can be fed every four to five days. I would imagine they would digest a mouse within 48 hours. It has been a little while since mine have been hatchlings though so I can't give you anything more concrete than that.

well.. still wondering. He just pooped again today, is that normal to crap twice for one meal? he did eat a big meal...

Back