CornSnakes.com Forums  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLinks ads? Register and log in!

Go Back   CornSnakes.com Forums > Administrative > Discussions about this site
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

Discussions about this site How is this site doing? Any suggestions to make? This is the forum to talk about this website in general.

Server move 10/10 & 10/11/2009

Old 10-10-2009, 05:48 PM   #21
alan
I was going to comment on the military way you marked the time on your message. Kind of nostalgic for me, thanks.

Old 10-10-2009, 06:01 PM   #22
snakewispera snr
Dunno. My connection seems to be bombing alone tonight....

Old 10-10-2009, 06:15 PM   #23
Rich Z
I decided to do FaunaClassifieds right now instead of this site since it was locked down for so long. Not sure how long it will take for FC to complete, but this site will then be next.

Please keep your posts short and sweet so you get them done before I slam the door shut. There won't be any warning before I do that.

I hope the guy grabs the latest attached images, but it wouldn't surprise me in the least if that doesn't happen. They aren't stored in the database so there is a real good chance any of them done recently will be lost.

Old 10-10-2009, 07:14 PM   #24
bitsy
All looking good from here Rich. Many thanks for the new playground, and congrats to your guy on a good job.

Old 10-10-2009, 07:23 PM   #25
Rich Z
Quote:
Originally Posted by bitsy View Post
All looking good from here Rich. Many thanks for the new playground, and congrats to your guy on a good job.
Sorry, but the server move for this site hasn't actually taken place yet. Probably will happen this evening sometime, though. Watch for another sign when you come here telling you it is taking place. Hopefully it will be accurate this next time.

Old 10-11-2009, 11:09 AM   #26
Rich Z
OK, we're back, finally. Sort of. Chat is down and some of the later image attachments that were made between the site being copied over and the time when the database was refreshed haven't been copied. I'm hoping just copying over those missed files will fix that, but maybe not. If not, the red "X"s will just have to be found and the links deleted in the threads. Luckily there aren't a lot of them here, I think

Not sure when chat will be back as I have to reinstall that code and have two ports opened for it to work.

Might be some other fanged problems lurking that haven't surfaced yet, so be on your toes. I was up till past 4am and my server guy was up later than that working on this.

Man I hate server moves. They really stress me out. But at least I'm not doing hosting for other people any longer. That was MUCH worse being responsible for other people's sites.

Anyway, if you notice something odd going on with this site, please let me know so I can take a look at it. The sooner the better, because that old server isn't going to be available much longer, so anything still on it that is needed, NEEDS to get captured REAL SOON.

Old 10-11-2009, 11:17 AM   #27
Lucille
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rich Z View Post

if you notice something odd going on with this site
There's ALWAYS something odd going on with this site but it usually has to do with the people here

Thank you for staying up so late so we could have the site here today.

Old 10-11-2009, 11:18 AM   #28
wade
Rich, spell check has never worked for me on this site. I just tried and it still doesn't. This is the message I get.

vB Spell installation problem, please notify the webmaster.

Old 10-11-2009, 11:31 AM   #29
Susan
Spell check still works for me. Wade, you'll just need to do it the old-fashioned way...with a dictionary.

Yeah, some attachments were missing, but I just removed and reloaded mine as there were only a couple of them.

As for anything else, I've not come across anything...yet...

Old 10-11-2009, 11:39 AM   #30
snakewispera snr
Quote:
Originally Posted by Susan View Post
Spell check still works for me. Wade, you'll just need to do it the old-fashioned way...with a dictionary.
Or let Mozilla do it for you
Everything seems to be working for me......

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! Cornsnakes.com is the largest online community dedicated to cornsnakes . Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Google