CornSnakes.com Forums  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLinks ads? Register and log in!

Go Back   CornSnakes.com Forums > Administrative > Discussions about this site
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

Discussions about this site How is this site doing? Any suggestions to make? This is the forum to talk about this website in general.

New server status check?

Old 10-13-2009, 02:26 PM   #51
The_Thunderer
Well, let's check... "Coriolis effect".

It changed it.... Spell check still works here!

Old 10-13-2009, 02:28 PM   #52
Susielea
Thank you for all the hard work, I'm finding things running really smoothly now, and I believe quicker than before the move

I never use the spell check function on here, the last time I tried it, it didn't like the British way of spelling some words So I just open a word processing doc and type in what I'm unsure of, that does the trick for me

Thanks again Rich! Now go and get some R & R in, you deserve it

Old 10-14-2009, 04:11 PM   #53
carol
My "New Posts" isnt working... it says there were no new posts since I logged out this morning but I know there were....

Old 10-14-2009, 06:25 PM   #54
jenneses
I'm having trouble with the "remember me". Normally, I can come back after leaving my desk and hit "new posts" but now when I do it, I have to log in because the site doesn't recognize that I'm still logged in. Also, before I could close it, and then open a new window and come back to cornsnakes.com and I would still be logged in, but I'm not anymore. I know I didn't change my settings or anything.

Old 10-14-2009, 08:08 PM   #55
Rich Z
First off, try to make sure that your URLs in your browser are being consistent with the "www." prefix on every URL. I believe we had this problem before where it turned out this was causing the problem. Jumping from one URL that was like "http://www.CornSnakes.com/....." to one like "http://CornSnakes.com/..." was enough to get the cookies confused.

Old 10-14-2009, 08:22 PM   #56
Memphios
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rich Z View Post
was enough to get the cookies confused.
Ha... Sorry, I just thought that was funny.

Old 10-14-2009, 08:24 PM   #57
jenneses
Quote:
First off, try to make sure that your URLs in your browser are being consistent with the "www." prefix on every URL. I believe we had this problem before where it turned out this was causing the problem. Jumping from one URL that was like "http://www.CornSnakes.com/....." to one like "http://CornSnakes.com/..." was enough to get the cookies confused.
That seems to have fixed it. Normally I type the www.cornsnakes.com, but must have forgotten this go round.

Old 10-14-2009, 09:07 PM   #58
Rich Z
Quote:
Originally Posted by jenneses View Post
That seems to have fixed it. Normally I type the www.cornsnakes.com, but must have forgotten this go round.
Yeah, I figured that was the problem and I already have a call into my server tech to see if he can make both of those renditions of the URL functionally equivalent.

Old 10-15-2009, 07:05 AM   #59
Susan
Quote:
was enough to get the cookies confused.
Quote:
Originally Posted by corn/snake View Post
Ha... Sorry, I just thought that was funny.
I must agree! The thought of "confused cookies" is quite amusing! I must remember to use that term sometime today at work..."I'm sorry about that! My cookies were confused!"

Old 10-15-2009, 10:43 AM   #60
tstephe3
Other than the slowness and the homepage not loading.. Which was a couple days ago.. I haven't had any problems. Things seem to be running faster now! Glad you didn't pulll your hair out to much.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! Cornsnakes.com is the largest online community dedicated to cornsnakes . Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Google