CornSnakes.com Forums  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLinks ads? Register and log in!

Go Back   CornSnakes.com Forums > The CornSnake Forums > General Chit-Chat Forum
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

General Chit-Chat Forum Discussion about general topics that are really off topic concerning corn snakes, or just about any old chit at all.

How do you feel about God.

Old 11-22-2011, 09:33 AM   #41
Pal-O-Mine
I believe we should let God be God and quit putting words in His mouth.

That is all the time I want on this soapbox.

Devon

Old 11-22-2011, 09:39 AM   #42
BloodyBaroness
Lavender? (I kid, I kid.)

I prefer a cheerful lord.

However, I do not believe that Christianity is the only way to find your spiritual path in life. I'm open in my beliefs.

In my opinion all the world religions are talking about the same thing when you cut past all the fat. One higher power. I think that language barriers, cultural isolation and political factors have altered the story into Christianity, Buddhism, Islam or what have you. The story is essentially the same, just a different take on it. No religion is right or wrong if it fulfills you spiritually. It's the righteous zealots that take it overboard who create such rifts between belief systems.

Old 11-22-2011, 09:46 AM   #43
Nanci
Quote:
Originally Posted by knox View Post
I don't argue anymore. I humbly submit my faith, and leave it at that.

This debate has been going on since Creation ;-)
I couldn't have said it better myself!

Old 11-22-2011, 09:56 AM   #44
Nanci
Quote:
Originally Posted by Carinata View Post
How do I feel about god? We seeing as I'm an adult, I don't have imaginary friends.
Do you have to be so offensive, David? More people would respect your views if you simply said "I don't believe in God" instead of insulting those of us that do. You make yourself sound more childish by stating it that way, not more mature.

Old 11-22-2011, 10:01 AM   #45
Christen
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiari View Post
I miss my koi. ;_; Especially my orange kohaku, Kyou. She was frickin' awesome, especially for a 24 cent fish.
I had some of the most beautiful koi (well in my mind) in my pond and one day I noticed some missing. By the end of the week I was down to 10 fish. I was still baffled till my neighbor called and said you need to go look on your roof. Great Blue Haron was eating my fish. Jerk! Of course he ate the best one.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZoologyGirl View Post
I like turtles.
AWESOME

Old 11-22-2011, 10:16 AM   #46
iculatr
How do I feel about God? Look up Romans 1:16...you'll find my answer...

Jarrett

Old 11-22-2011, 10:20 AM   #47
Nanci
Quote:
Originally Posted by schnebbles View Post
I would want someone to tell me if I had a type
You had a type...

Old 11-22-2011, 12:28 PM   #48
Nitelion94
I fully Believe in God. I cant walk outside without knowing he is real. God is not someone who demands you to worship him he gives the chance. He could if he wanted to but he wants people who truly love him and want to worship.

This is a debate that has all ways been and all ways will be. I will say to both sides insults will not help your point at all.

Old 11-22-2011, 12:36 PM   #49
kathylove
What if there was (is?) some (almost) omnipotent being (God?) who went around the universe starting up experiments in various galaxies? Maybe that being even set out up the physical laws that would guide the evolution of whatever DNA that was left on a particular planet to evolve as it interacted with the environment given to it. Then maybe this being went on to lots of other galaxies to do the same, and maybe comes back to monitor the experiments, although not necessarily each individual plant and animal on the planet.

I am not saying that is what I believe in. Just throwing it out there as a possible explanation that COULD account for creation. I guess that being would count as God - but not in the personal way most religions define God.

Just some fodder for discussion.

Old 11-22-2011, 01:30 PM   #50
ratsncorns
Atheist here *waves*. I do not believe there is a god, or any higher power for that matter. And no, I don't capitalize his name because I dont believe in him.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! Cornsnakes.com is the largest online community dedicated to cornsnakes . Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Google