CornSnakes.com Forums  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLinks ads? Register and log in!

Go Back   CornSnakes.com Forums > The CornSnake Forums > General Chit-Chat Forum
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

General Chit-Chat Forum Discussion about general topics that are really off topic concerning corn snakes, or just about any old chit at all.

How do you feel about God.

Old 11-22-2011, 08:10 PM   #71
ratsncorns
I cant be religious. I sin too much, and I love it!

Old 11-22-2011, 08:11 PM   #72
NikeMoth
I believe in God.

Old 11-22-2011, 08:13 PM   #73
Nanci
Sometimes, especially when I'm outside at night, and I look up at the sky, I wonder what it must be like to be of a different faith. I have friends who are Hindu and Buddhist. Sometimes they say things that intrigue me, and I wonder what it would be like to have been raised like that. I wonder how people can convert to a different faith. It seems like you would have to change an essential core part of yourself.

Old 11-22-2011, 08:19 PM   #74
knox
Here's an interesting thought.

Those who are atheists are following the religion of atheism. Just like Christians, atheists believe they are the only ones who "have it right". But they are in the same boat as Christians in that they can not disprove God exists. They believe, in faith, that there is no God.

There is no scientific proof that God does not exist. No matter what anyone says, you can not prove that He isn't real. You simply have to believe He isn't real to be an atheist.

And as closed-minded as Christians may be seen to be, aren't others as closed-minded for believing that they are the only ones who know the "real truth"?

Old 11-22-2011, 08:32 PM   #75
anerybree
Atheism is to religion like bald is to hair color. I don't know who wrote that, sorry! How can I believe in something that doesn't exist? That doesn't make sense, in my opinion.

But, well, I don't think that I am the only one who "has it right". There very well may be a god of some sort, I don't know. However, Christians think that they are the ones who have it right, and Hindus think they are the ones, and Muslims think they are the ones, etc.

Ah, but there is no scientific proof that a god or deity does exist. Just like ghosts! And I am not saying that gods are ghosts. Besides, proof of the Bible is not (in my opinion) proof that the Christian god exists--with that reasoning, we could come to the conclusion that Harry Potter and wizardry exists because it says so in a series of seven books. Is there other outward proof that a god exists? Like, have you ever had a conversation with your god?

I don't think saying that you have a good house, family, job, etc is proof that he exists, because then you think about all of those super poor African people who have been converted to Catholicism. I mean, a LOT of very religious people starve, have no good water, get malaria, etc. Why isn't your god helping those people? What have they done to deserve a life like that?

Old 11-22-2011, 08:33 PM   #76
anerybree
BTW Knox, your Okeetee is very stunning, his borders and so thick!! He's so pretty!!

Old 11-22-2011, 08:46 PM   #77
Nanci
There _is_ no proof. Who needs proof?

What do you think Steve Jobs saw when he passed from this life to whatever comes next? "Oh wow. Oh wow. Oh wow."

Old 11-22-2011, 09:00 PM   #78
knox
Quote:
Originally Posted by anerybree View Post
BTW Knox, your Okeetee is very stunning, his borders and so thick!! He's so pretty!!
Thanks! I love the Okeetees

Old 11-22-2011, 09:06 PM   #79
possum_minister
Quote:
Originally Posted by knox View Post
Here's an interesting thought.

Those who are atheists are following the religion of atheism. Just like Christians, atheists believe they are the only ones who "have it right". But they are in the same boat as Christians in that they can not disprove God exists. They believe, in faith, that there is no God.

There is no scientific proof that God does not exist. No matter what anyone says, you can not prove that He isn't real. You simply have to believe He isn't real to be an atheist.

And as closed-minded as Christians may be seen to be, aren't others as closed-minded for believing that they are the only ones who know the "real truth"?
First of all atheism is not a religion. A religion would require a diety to be worshipped which atheists dont have.

Second, its not just the christian god that atheists dont believe in. its all of the gods past and present.

Thirdly, theres no scientific proof that leprachauns and unicorns dont exist either. but they dont exist.

Just saying that something cant be proven to not exist isnt proof of its existence, its just pretty word play used to avoid the burden of proof.

Old 11-22-2011, 09:11 PM   #80
knox
And yet, I still believe.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! Cornsnakes.com is the largest online community dedicated to cornsnakes . Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Google