CornSnakes.com Forums  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLinks ads? Register and log in!

Go Back   CornSnakes.com Forums > The CornSnake Forums > General Chit-Chat Forum
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

General Chit-Chat Forum Discussion about general topics that are really off topic concerning corn snakes, or just about any old chit at all.

My right to bear arms is under fire right now.

Old 12-12-2012, 03:51 PM   #51
Chip
Only you could draw such a conclusion.

Old 12-12-2012, 03:57 PM   #52
starsevol
I have never been a citizen of any other country than the United States.
I have never been a mother.
I have never jumped out of a plane or bungie jumped.
I have never snowboarded.
I have never driven a motorcycle.

Therefore you will never ever find me participating in threads about other countries laws and politics, motherhood, jumping out of planes or bungie jumping, snowboarding or riding a motorcycle. I don't know about it, have never experianced it, have no opinion about it, and have no desire to spout off about topics I don't fully understand.
Be nice if others followed suit. Just sayin'.

Old 12-12-2012, 04:27 PM   #53
Nova_C
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chip View Post
Only you could draw such a conclusion.
Well, you all talk about how things are getting worse and worse. So I assume that means they used to be better. Tax rates used to be much higher.

Ergo, things were better when tax rates were higher.

Old 12-12-2012, 04:28 PM   #54
Nova_C
Also, Starsevol, thinly veiled accusations that I'm ignorant because I'm too Canadian to understand are getting really tiresome. Please come up with new ad hominem attacks to avoid addressing what I'm saying, please.

Old 12-12-2012, 04:32 PM   #55
starsevol
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nova_C View Post
Well, you all talk about how things are getting worse and worse. So I assume that means they used to be better. Tax rates used to be much higher.

I don't believe tax rates were higher for 3 reasons.....
First, there are more hidden taxes in the form of "fees" than ever before.
More people than ever before pay no tax at all, while more tax burden is heaped upon the working people.
Third, 43% of every dollar earned in this country is taken for taxes which is a higher percentage than ever before.

Old 12-12-2012, 04:34 PM   #56
starsevol
Quote:
Also, Starsevol, thinly veiled accusations that I'm ignorant because I'm too Canadian to understand are getting really tiresome. Please come up with new ad hominem attacks to avoid addressing what I'm saying, please.
Hey, I am just posting about how I life MY online life, and fantasizing about others doing the same....that's all!

You don't live here.
You don't pay taxes here.
You are not a part of the culture here.
You don't use our healthcare services or our infrastruture.
You really have no frame of reference to anything that goes on here.

You are NOT ignorant. I believe you are quite intelligent.
But you are posting about things that you really know nothing about.
Life in the USA is not a life that you live, and you can have any opinion you want to have, but face the fact that you won't be taken seriously.

Old 12-12-2012, 04:42 PM   #57
Rich Z
Quote:
Well, based on what you guys are telling me, the US was a lot happier when taxes were higher.
How in the world did you make that kind of off-the-wall connection?

It's much the same as saying that since more children die from swimming pool accidents during the time that ice cream sales are the highest, then ice cream is obviously the source and cause of those accidental deaths.

If you want to go this route, take a look at violent gun crimes in 1930 and then compare them with now. Correlate with the number of gun laws on the books then and now. Make a graph. Draw your conclusions based on THAT statistical analysis. Here, let me help. Obviously gun laws CAUSE more gun related crime.

Imagine that........

Old 12-12-2012, 04:43 PM   #58
Rich Z
Quote:

Quote:
Stop posting nonsensical sludge and maybe someone would be willing to try.

Old 12-12-2012, 04:47 PM   #59
Nova_C
Quote:
Originally Posted by starsevol View Post
Hey, I am just posting about how I life MY online life, and fantasizing about others doing the same....that's all!

You don't live here.
You don't pay taxes here.
You are not a part of the culture here.
You don't use our healthcare services or our infrastruture.
You really have no frame of reference to anything that goes on here.

You are NOT ignorant. I believe you are quite intelligent.
But you are posting about things that you really know nothing about.
Life in the USA is not a life that you live, and you can have any opinion you want to have, but face the fact that you won't be taken seriously.
Oh, I know I won't be taken seriously here but it has nothing to do with me not being an American. You guys don't take anyone seriously that doesn't conform to your conservative echo chamber.

In fact, I witnessed in an amazing moment when one of the mods threaten to ban someone for standing up to KJUN back in the day.

So I'm well aware of the level of respect many of you don't have for people who disagree with you and I've never seen that disdain and self righteousness not be applied to an American liberal.

It's dishonest to claim that the attitude I receive from yourself or Rich or whoever is not purely ideologically related.

Old 12-12-2012, 04:48 PM   #60
Nova_C
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rich Z View Post
How in the world did you make that kind of off-the-wall connection?

It's much the same as saying that since more children die from swimming pool accidents during the time that ice cream sales are the highest, then ice cream is obviously the source and cause of those accidental deaths.

If you want to go this route, take a look at violent gun crimes in 1930 and then compare them with now. Correlate with the number of gun laws on the books then and now. Make a graph. Draw your conclusions based on THAT statistical analysis. Here, let me help. Obviously gun laws CAUSE more gun related crime.

Imagine that........
If you're going to put words in my mouth, should I even bother being here? Are you going to speak for me now?

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! Cornsnakes.com is the largest online community dedicated to cornsnakes . Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Google