CornSnakes.com Forums  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLinks ads? Register and log in!

Go Back   CornSnakes.com Forums > The CornSnake Forums > General Chit-Chat Forum
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Notices

General Chit-Chat Forum Discussion about general topics that are really off topic concerning corn snakes, or just about any old chit at all.

*Graphic* Why NOT to house your snakes together.

Old 03-04-2006, 03:02 PM   #11
DaemoNox
Do you have any background on those pictures?

Old 03-04-2006, 03:13 PM   #12
princess
That's so awful khaman. Did the vendor offer to replace at least one of them or were you left holding 2 dead snakes and a lighter wallet?

Old 03-04-2006, 03:19 PM   #13
SnakeAround
Awfull accident!

Not to be rude, but I don't see anything indicating bloodred at the one hatchling visible.... Usually they do look different form regular amels.

Old 03-04-2006, 03:31 PM   #14
Tracee
Quote:
Originally Posted by Khaman
They are (were) mine I bought them in Daytona and the vendor put them in the same deli, and I did not think anything of it until I got home and found that.

BTW those are amel blood females that I paid $125 each for the eater died after regurging it's sibling.
So it really was here I picked up that photo. I hope you don't mind me saving it, as awful as it is to look at I just had to, I couldn't believe my eyes. I'll take it off my Photobucket though if you have it stored elsewhere?

Old 03-04-2006, 03:31 PM   #15
DaemoNox
To go along with that; look at the tail of the snake thats not being eaten; to me it looks like a fold of skin as if it were dehydrated, which could easily contribute to that situation.

Old 03-04-2006, 07:18 PM   #16
JenC
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaemoNox
Do you have any background on those pictures?
Unfortunately No But i got them off of albinoburmese.com and the guy there got it from somewhere else..

Old 03-04-2006, 07:20 PM   #17
JenC
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joker
You know when I opened this thread and started reading and looking at the pictures I could start to feel my blood pressure going up. Because Jen, you know better and I assumed these were your snakes. Upon further reading I realized this is just a reminder of such things. Yes these are a reality and this is why I believe that all snakes should be housed separatly except for breedings and this is just a risk you have to take.
Not even accounting for housing two different species together, that just makes it all that much more wrong in my opinion.
Josh
Goose. I wouldnt do that, especially housing a python with a boid/boa..

Old 03-04-2006, 07:40 PM   #18
Jimmy Johnson
Princess

Quote:
Whilst it's an awful lesson to learn the very hardest way, we're not talking about cross species cohabitation here. Housing 2 cornsnakes together has a very different level of risk when compared to housing 2 kings together or in this case, a boa and a BP.

I hope by seeing the picture of the corn snake eating another corn snake that you realize the original post can and does have to do with corn snakes.
They can and do cannibalize.
Although it doesn't happen regularly, it does happen, and is a definite factor to consider when discussing cohabitation of corn snakes.

Old 03-05-2006, 03:35 AM   #19
princess
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimmy Johnson
I hope by seeing the picture of the corn snake eating another corn snake that you realize the original post can and does have to do with corn snakes.
They can and do cannibalize.
Although it doesn't happen regularly, it does happen, and is a definite factor to consider when discussing cohabitation of corn snakes.

Jimmy, I am fully aware that corns can cannibalise each other...

BUT

This is a thread about a BP and a boa and should have been posted in the General chit-chat forum. We need to respect that this is a cornsnake site and post non-corn threads in the appropriate sections.

Do you disagree?

Old 03-05-2006, 10:11 AM   #20
Jimmy Johnson
well

this is exactly where I found the post.
General chit chat

look at your own statement.
The one I quoted.

Quote:
Whilst it's an awful lesson to learn the very hardest way, we're not talking about cross species cohabitation here. Housing 2 cornsnakes together has a very different level of risk when compared to housing 2 kings together or in this case, a boa and a BP.

The point I was making is there IS a risk and it IS a serious risk and needs to be expressed when talking about cohabitation of corns.
Or any other species for that matter.

The fact that you get upset about where someone happens to post a particular thread escapes me completely.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! Cornsnakes.com is the largest online community dedicated to cornsnakes . Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Google