CornSnakes.com Forums  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLinks ads? Register and log in!

Go Back   CornSnakes.com Forums > The CornSnake Forums > General Chit-Chat Forum
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Notices

General Chit-Chat Forum Discussion about general topics that are really off topic concerning corn snakes, or just about any old chit at all.

*Graphic* Why NOT to house your snakes together.

Old 02-16-2007, 07:39 PM   #51
cornsnakekid92
I agree that it is a great post to bring up but it is so old i do not even think that the person who started this thread still comes to this forum

Old 02-16-2007, 08:05 PM   #52
tyflier
I think that, regardless of how old it is, or who started it, that this thread is extremely timely in it's reappearance, given the recent 3-4 threads asking about cohabbing. This thread should be put on an automatic "bump cycle", where it gets bumped to the front by server every 60 days just because . Too bad you can't really do that...

Old 03-26-2007, 05:18 PM   #53
Midnght
Man see wish I had found this before I had put a younger corn with my older corn.

I did not take cohabing them together lightly. I had always kept my snakes seperate but wanted to cohab them just wasn't sure was to afraid somethign woudl go bad. I knew not to house any with my cal king.

But when I got the two new corns the dealer at a repitle expo said yes it should be fine.

Just goes to show you read around and don't trust a dealer/breeder at a show unless you know more about them etc.

Old 03-16-2010, 09:44 AM   #54
deemac80
Talking thanks everyone, you stopped me from making a bad mistake.

I was going to buy another corn today. I have a 9 month old male and I was going to buy a 4 month old female and put them together. I am glad I came here forst and checked it out. I would never want my snakes to do this and I have learnt a lesson without having to witness it for my self. Thanks so much...

Old 03-16-2010, 10:30 AM   #55
ClickClickClickBOOM!
I would argue with somebody on here but it was a very long time ago and that would be silly now >< But I am also glad this thread is here to inform others. I have never and will never house corns together but I see a TON of people asking this question and now I have a link to show them!!

Old 03-16-2010, 10:41 AM   #56
starsevol
Funny this thread should pop up now! There is a new person who recently asked why one of her 2 co habbed corns wasn't eating....well, DUH!!!!

Then when I told her the truth, she got all snippy and offended.....

Old 03-16-2010, 12:31 PM   #57
ClickClickClickBOOM!
Quote:
Originally Posted by starsevol View Post
Funny this thread should pop up now! There is a new person who recently asked why one of her 2 co habbed corns wasn't eating....well, DUH!!!!

I saw that thread

Old 03-16-2010, 03:48 PM   #58
Carinata
I did not read most of the thread but my opinion is that snakes are by nature solitary. Even during brumation and mating nothing is going through their head like "Hey, theres Billy black snake.....I knew him back when I was a neonate!" No snakes don't roll that way. Snakes live on their own. The only interaction they have is with their predators, prey, bacteria, and parasites....and reptile hoarder owners!

Old 03-16-2010, 06:40 PM   #59
Outcast
Quote:
Originally Posted by starsevol View Post

Well it seems as though this thread shows up when needed. Lol

Old 03-16-2010, 07:47 PM   #60
kloe2008
Quote:
I was going to buy another corn today. I have a 9 month old male and I was going to buy a 4 month old female and put them together. I am glad I came here forst and checked it out. I would never want my snakes to do this and I have learnt a lesson without having to witness it for my self. Thanks so much
Nice one. =] Good thread to be restarted...

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! Cornsnakes.com is the largest online community dedicated to cornsnakes . Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Google