• Hello!

Either you have not registered on this site yet, or you are registered but have not logged in. In either case, you will not be able to use the full functionality of this site until you have registered, and then logged in after your registration has been approved.

Registration is FREE, so please register so you can participate instead of remaining a lurker....

Please be certain that the location field is correctly filled out when you register. All registrations that appear to be bogus will be rejected. Which means that if your location field does NOT match the actual location of your registration IP address, then your registration will be rejected.

Sorry about the strictness of this requirement, but it is necessary to block spammers and scammers at the door as much as possible.

Taken a turn for the worst. I need help/advice..

I'm so sorry to hear this... I know you tried everything that you could... Windsor will always be watching over you! I'm glad it was quick and he's not suffering anymore.

Thank you everyone. I am truley heartbroken... watching him squirm as the needle penetrated his heart was devistating. And watching his muscles convulsing as the drug took effect was horrific. I won't be getting the body back either - but thats ok. If he can contribute to vetinary science then thats something. And if I can get an exact diagnosis, cause and ways of future prevention then I will be ok I suppose.

Now I am sick with worry about my other snakes. Although he was in strict quarantine.. what if I slipped up and didn't wash my hands that one time, or didnt wash the feeding tongs etc?

Just hang on in there and hope, girlie. There'll be a lot of people hoping along with you. (I've never forgot your support after Pancho) x

Just hang on in there and hope, girlie. There'll be a lot of people hoping along with you. (I've never forgot your support after Pancho) x

It's times like this when you know who yours real friends are. And I want to thank you all individually for following Windsor's progress and downfall.

I truley believe in karma, and this happened for a reason. And if I have to be there to hold down every single other one of my snakes while they are being lethally injected then thats ok. I will be devistated, but protecting them and other peoples animals is paramount to me.

Windsor... September 06 - November 07. I'm sorry I was not with you when you needed me most...

CIMG1548copymale.jpg

orange3.jpg

sick6.png

So sorry for your loss! You did everything possible, and spent a lot of effort and money to do the best that could be done. Maybe the treatment and the necropsy will teach you (or somebody else) something that will help a future herp so that he will not have died in vain.

Oh, Elle I'm so sorry!!
You tried all you could, he was a good snake but there was nothing left to do from him.

You did make the right decision by putting him out of his misery.
I'm sure he enjoyed the last part of his life back with you.

so sorry for your loss :[

Hey Elle, dont let the pain get to you, I dont know what else to say because I know what its like times three! Just get a new snake with a symbolic name to remember Windsor. That might help you change the mood around the house a bit.
Hope you feel better soon and just try to get your mind off him.

As for me Im going back to looking for my LTR who has mites inside his eye! :(

Elle, I am so sorry to hear about Windsor. Everyone here knows that you did everything you could for the little man, and he knows that! He had a short, but great life while in your care. At least he went quickly... :(

Elle, I will keep all my fingers crossed that your other snakes are fine - I'm sure they are. I truly hope you can find out what this horrible thing was and how to make sure it never happens again.

OH sweetie, I feel your tears! I am so hrtbroken for you! What a beautiful boy & a wonderful person you are! :)

Just get a new snake with a symbolic name to remember Windsor. That might help you change the mood around the house a bit.

Oh theres no way I'm bringing anymore snakes into my collection for a long time - Probably not until next year. I have to be sure what this virus is (if indeed it is one) and make sure it is not already present in any of my other snakes or snakes that Windsor has been in contact with. Thats literally hundreds of specimens from my collection and of course from the previous owner.

Last edited:
Oh theres no way I'm bringing anymore snakes into my collection for a long time - Probably not until next year. I have to be sure what this virus is and make sure it is not already present in any of my other snakes or snakes that Windsor has been in contact with. Thats literally hundreds of specimens from my collection and of course from the previous owner.

Yikes,
Well Im hoping for the best for your other snakes, Im sure they are perfectly healthy.

Back