• Hello!

Either you have not registered on this site yet, or you are registered but have not logged in. In either case, you will not be able to use the full functionality of this site until you have registered, and then logged in after your registration has been approved.

Registration is FREE, so please register so you can participate instead of remaining a lurker....

Please be certain that the location field is correctly filled out when you register. All registrations that appear to be bogus will be rejected. Which means that if your location field does NOT match the actual location of your registration IP address, then your registration will be rejected.

Sorry about the strictness of this requirement, but it is necessary to block spammers and scammers at the door as much as possible.

Box Turtle Enclosure: Progression Thread

Wow what an accomplishment. I'd love to make something like that, but one I don't have the room(or money). Two I probobly wouldn't know how to do it, even with my dad's assistance. I really wish I could make something like that in my life.

Jimmy- I learned something very valuable from my Aunt Barb. She always said "If you can read, you can do anything." I've found that to be very true.

Jimmy- I learned something very valuable from my Aunt Barb. She always said "If you can read, you can do anything." I've found that to be very true.

HAHA, great quote. Who knows, maybe when I get my house some day I could make a whole shed as a enviroment for my snakes... Who knows??

Day Fifteen

On Day Fifteen, I planted 15 things. I know it doesn't look like much progress, but that's two hours of work. Got a late start because I went in to my real job and worked from 2AM till 6AM, then came home and slept three hours. (More money for the boxies!!!) I have a new rule: anything that gets planted gets its irrigation installed at the same time. So most of the stuff now has irrigation. I bet Mr. Forest Glen Redbud (the big purple tree) is so happy to get in the ground. There's also a cool magnolia, six irises, some creeping figs and three blue-eyed grasses.

Attachments

• Day Fifteen 001.jpg
    Day Fifteen 001.jpg
    279.7 KB · Views: 216
Here are two more stepping stones for getting in. The log pile was supposed to go here, but I ran out of space. Maybe a nice iron bench. I saw two dragonflies at the pond and one was that same purple color as the redbud.

Attachments

• Day Fifteen 002.jpg
    Day Fifteen 002.jpg
    253.8 KB · Views: 215
I like building, but I don't like cleaning up. This is my new anole enclosure. I hope he moves into the pen when I take out the trash...

Attachments

• Day Fifteen 004.jpg
    Day Fifteen 004.jpg
    271.9 KB · Views: 212
Ugh, what am I going to do with it all? Well, I'll think about that as I drive to my home away from home, Home Depot, to get more irrigation tubing...

Attachments

• Day Fifteen 003.jpg
    Day Fifteen 003.jpg
    270.9 KB · Views: 216
Nanci,
You are doing such and AWESOME job. You should be so very proud of yourself and I agree with some others that I would love to be one of your turtles. I AM up for adoption. Ha Ha How I yearn for a yard so I could do just a wee bit of what you are doing with your.

Hugs

Day Sixteen

It's virtually done. The plants are planted and all the drip irrigation is installed. I need to do some more cedar mulch. I need peat moss for the hibernaculum. I need the dang solar pump!! I even got the outside cleaned up today.

Attachments

• Day Sixteen 001.jpg
    Day Sixteen 001.jpg
    271.7 KB · Views: 205
My first fish! He's connected to the drip system, with an on/off valve.

Attachments

• Day Sixteen 004.jpg
    Day Sixteen 004.jpg
    275.9 KB · Views: 206
Ok I seriously LOVE that fish! No upkeep, no feeding, and long lived. And he is cute to boot. I think he needs a name. :D

Hello Nanci! Loverly looking enclosure! I love the tort one too! You offer an amazing naturally environment for your animals! I think you deserve a medal for your hard work :) I'm sure the little guy's n gal's will enjoy there new home!

Back