CornSnakes.com Forums  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLinks ads? Register and log in!

Go Back   CornSnakes.com Forums > The CornSnake Forums > General Chit-Chat Forum
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Notices

General Chit-Chat Forum Discussion about general topics that are really off topic concerning corn snakes, or just about any old chit at all.

The official Black Milksnake thread!!

Old 08-10-2009, 09:29 PM   #41
Tula_Montage
I found Noirs official progression thread I made a while ago It desperatley needs updated.

http://www.cornsnakes.com/forums/sho...highlight=noir

Old 08-10-2009, 09:41 PM   #42
Suzy
Quote:
Originally Posted by Michael823 View Post
By the way, I have a couple of questions.

How long does the full transformation to solid black take?

Do most/all turn out to be such a solid black?

And lastly, are they somewhat common at reptile shows and/or online?
CaptBogart already replied to the majority of your questions, but I actually did see a male for sale at the last KC Reptile Show. I was pretty surprised. I haven't contacted the breeder to see if he plans on breeding more this year or not, but I will be doing that soon.
As for looking online, they can be found, but it's not common. I looked for my breeder for a good 6 months before I finally found him. He's an awesome guy, and i'll be getting a female from him this year.

Old 08-10-2009, 09:52 PM   #43
The_Thunderer
Well, with Heather with a pair of black milks and Catherine with a couple of black milks, there might very well be an explosion of black milks in a couple of years.

I hope so!!!

Old 08-10-2009, 11:01 PM   #44
Michael823
I hope so too! I'm not usually a huge fan of Milk Snakes, especially tri-colored, but these are a with out a doubt going on my want list. Thanks for the replies everyone, you all have Beautiful snakes, and hopefully I will someday find one as well.

Old 09-24-2009, 05:53 PM   #45
The_Thunderer
Shazam - 09/22/2009

Here are a few pics of Shazam on the 22nd... I forgot to weigh him before I fed him (OOOPS). Total weight with mouse - 126 grams. Sorry... all pics are of him in his weight tub.

He's much bigger than his sibling Solstice... but NOWHERE near as dark (as you shall see).

I'm kinda concerned that he isn't darkening up... but otherwise he's quite healthy. LOL.

I'll try to update his own thread, but wanted to include him in the "Black Milk" thread too!

Pics of Solstice and Eclipse coming up next.

Old 09-24-2009, 06:06 PM   #46
The_Thunderer
Here's Solstice. I believe she's a sibling to Shazam.

As you can see, she's MUCH darker than Shazam, but weighs almost less than half of him at 68 grams.

This pic shows how you can look at her one way and see "black" and another way and see "red".

I've got to find some "markers" to tell them apart. I don't know how I'm going to be able to do that when they've made the change to all black...

Here's her last pick here... I'll see about perhaps making one for the three of them (Shazam, Solstice & Eclipse).

I want to thank Catherine (Jynx) for allowing me to have them for at least a little while. They're such DEAR snakeys!

Pics of Eclipse up next!

Old 09-24-2009, 06:22 PM   #47
The_Thunderer
Eclipse - 09/22/2009

Here's Eclipse. He's unrelated to Shazam and Solstice. He's smaller than both of them and only slightly darker than Shazam (obviously not as dark as Solstice... LOL).

He weighs less than either of the other two... 65 grams.

See how he's just a TAD darker than Shazam?

He's so HANDSOME! I guess I'm biased though.

He looks all calm, but out of the three, he's the most spastic! LOL.

Well, I hope you enjoyed these three!!! Again, I'd like to thank Catherine for entrusting them to me.

I'll see about a thread for them... or should they have separate threads???? Tell me what you think!

Old 09-24-2009, 11:31 PM   #48
Suzy
Fred, they look great! I can't believe how dark Solstice is at her small stature. That's insane! And it looks like Shazam's coming along well. The yellow bands around his face are starting to brown out which means they'll be disappearing before you know it.

Just so everybody else knows, Joakim is in blue, so as soon as he sheds, i'll take him out for a photo shoot. He just had to go into blue as soon as I was ready to get some more pictures of him. So I imagine within about a week, he'll be ready in his brand new skin.

Old 09-25-2009, 12:04 AM   #49
Kokopelli
They look amazing
The good husbandry is apparent on them

Old 09-25-2009, 01:39 AM   #50
The_Thunderer
I wish I had taken them out earlier in the day to take better pics than (in the weight tub) pics. Oh, well. Perhaps next week!

Thanks, Suzy and Oren!

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! Cornsnakes.com is the largest online community dedicated to cornsnakes . Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Google