CornSnakes.com Forums  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLinks ads? Register and log in!

Go Back   CornSnakes.com Forums > The CornSnake Forums > General Chit-Chat Forum
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Notices

General Chit-Chat Forum Discussion about general topics that are really off topic concerning corn snakes, or just about any old chit at all.

The official Black Milksnake thread!!

Old 11-02-2009, 02:52 PM   #81
The_Thunderer
Well, all of mine seem to "anchor" it into my skin while I hold them. They just press that sucker up into my skin and then move around "securely". LOL.

Old 11-02-2009, 03:40 PM   #82
Lovin2act
New here but stoked to have found so many black milk lovers!!! I have two 4 foot '06's (male and female) named Ebony and Jet, and one 3 foot '07 (male) named Ashur :-) I cant get enough of them I tell ya!!! I hope to find one other female soon to make it 4! I found out about these snakes a little over a year ago and they quickly became my favorite snake out there!!! Cant wait till they start hitting 5 feet and up!!!

Old 11-02-2009, 03:45 PM   #83
Kali
I hope this is not too but can anybody tell me how you can see the difference between a black milk and an MBK? I think mine to be an MBK, but seeing these ones ... at first sight they are so alike... I read the tail thing, but as mine has had to have her tail taken off (apparently quite an accident before I got her, she was probably an escapee), I obviously can't look at it...

Old 11-02-2009, 03:46 PM   #84
The_Thunderer
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lovin2act View Post
New here but stoked to have found so many black milk lovers!!! I have two 4 foot '06's (male and female) named Ebony and Jet, and one 3 foot '07 (male) named Ashur :-) I cant get enough of them I tell ya!!! I hope to find one other female soon to make it 4! I found out about these snakes a little over a year ago and they quickly became my favorite snake out there!!! Cant wait till they start hitting 5 feet and up!!!
Got pics? We'd love to see them. How are their colors? Are they all black yet, or still have their colors.

Glad to have found another Black Milk friend!

Old 11-02-2009, 03:47 PM   #85
Lovin2act
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kali View Post
I hope this is not too but can anybody tell me how you can see the difference between a black milk and an MBK? I think mine to be an MBK, but seeing these ones ... at first sight they are so alike... I read the tail thing, but as mine has had to have her tail taken off (apparently quite an accident before I got her, she was probably an escapee), I obviously can't look at it...

MBK has dark brown or black skin, Black Milk has white skin :-) You can see it when they stretch their scales. I have both and definitely see the difference now!

Old 11-02-2009, 03:52 PM   #86
Lovin2act
Quote:
Originally Posted by The_Thunderer View Post
Got pics? We'd love to see them. How are their colors? Are they all black yet, or still have their colors.

Glad to have found another Black Milk friend!

You know I have not been faithful with my picture taking of them unfortunately haha! I have a few shots on my cell phone but nothing all that great. My '06's are both solid black (well my female shows dim traces of color under her throat, but very faint now), and my '07 is mostly black but under the light you can see some banding still....but thats fading quickly too!!

And me too!!! So awesome to have found more black milk "fanboys" out there haha!!!

Old 11-02-2009, 04:09 PM   #87
ZoologyGirl
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lovin2act View Post
Excellent to meet another black milk owner and lover!

Old 11-02-2009, 04:12 PM   #88
CaptBogart
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kali View Post
The Black Kings only get to 3 1/2 foot, while the Black Milks get 5 feet long. Also Black milks start out Tri-Colored, (black, red, and white), and slowly turn black as they get older. Black Kings are black from the day they hatch.
The difference between the two Black Kings, is the Black King, (Lampropeltis g. nigra), has white spots along their bottom jaw and dorsal, Mexican Black Kings, (Lampropeltis g. nigrita), do not.

Old 11-02-2009, 04:16 PM   #89
Lovin2act
Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZoologyGirl View Post
Excellent to meet another black milk owner and lover!
Thanks you too!!!

Old 11-02-2009, 05:59 PM   #90
dndvictory
Hello Lovin2act. I've seen you posting on the milk snake forum. Welcome, again, to the cornsnake forum. I've got 3 black milks. An adult male and female, and a juvenile male. I love them, too. Wonderful snakes. I've got a few photos, but they are pretty bad.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! Cornsnakes.com is the largest online community dedicated to cornsnakes . Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Google