• Hello!

Either you have not registered on this site yet, or you are registered but have not logged in. In either case, you will not be able to use the full functionality of this site until you have registered, and then logged in after your registration has been approved.

Registration is FREE, so please register so you can participate instead of remaining a lurker....

Please be certain that the location field is correctly filled out when you register. All registrations that appear to be bogus will be rejected. Which means that if your location field does NOT match the actual location of your registration IP address, then your registration will be rejected.

Sorry about the strictness of this requirement, but it is necessary to block spammers and scammers at the door as much as possible.

First dates!

Timmy, that's a great idea. I'm convinced Lola is a real christmas hypo, but that makes sense, and pairing Slim with Nellie should make big-bordered babies! Thanks :)

Is this their first year?

You remember how it is... both are too shy to make a move, and just want to curl up together and pretend to watch a movie.

Or she just may need dinner first! :grin01:

Still no sign of the girls going into shed, they're eating like pigs and rejecting the boys.

Haha! :rofl:
The boys haven't shown much enthusiasm either, so I don't think the girls are that attractive to them either!
The delay has made me wonder if Bonanza could have a date with Pearl, if he beefs up in time........

I've got two females holding out at the moment, even tried showing them the hook up photos...lol...didn't work!

Although one is just going into blue again, so I'm keeping my fingers crossed that she'll be more accepting after this shed.

Here's hoping your girls become more co-operative real soon, you never know, maybe Pearl is holding out for Bonanza!

Best wishes,

Yea, it felt like it took forever for the last one. She's the one whose clutch I am most looking forward to. Lavendars!!! But she was stubborn and waited until last Saturday to shed and breed. I am hoping at some point to pick up one mroe adult female or even another breeding pair but its slim pickings this time of year.

Nellie and Lola are in deep blue, so hopefully this is their ovulation shed and I'll have some hook-ups soon. Pearl hasn't gone blue yet, and I bthought I'd just see if a change of plans would work, and put my ghost poss het blood, Bonanza in with her. Pearls nearly 450g and he's 110, so I wasn't sure if anything would happen. Well, my word! He is keen as mustard, and actually courted and attempted mating in a very determined manner! I'm certainly going to use him with her instead of my anery male. If I only get a couple of fertile eggs because of his immaturity rather than a whole clutch of aneries het blood with the older male, I'll be over the moon.
Please excuse the picture quality, I didn't want to disturb the little fellow's first date too much:)

Attachments

• 38a.JPG
    38a.JPG
    25.5 KB · Views: 86
Congrats Janine, you'll have to find something to give that plucky little fellow as pudding after his next meal.
This proves my belief that any male from 2 years old and up can and will do the job successfully.

Ciao

Congrats Janine, you'll have to find something to give that plucky little fellow as pudding after his next meal.
This proves my belief that any male from 2 years old and up can and will do the job successfully.

Ciao
I'll give him truffles, oysters and ginseng if it'll help! He's actually only a yearling, so might not be fertile, I don't know how much chance he has of siring a clutch this year, but he was certainly determined to do the job. He was pinning Pearl's head down with his, then worked out a way of negotiating the disparity in length so he could get his tail under hers.

Fabulous news Janine, thats such an awesome pairing! I bet for sure you will get granites ;) Oh imagine if Pearl is het hypo?!

Thanks girlie. I have no idea about Pearl having any hets, she was brought from Daytona by Darren (CPR) for me. Just 1 solitary hatchling would be amazing!

Whoohoo! Congrats Janine, I said Pearl might be holding out for Bonanza, she obviously likes 'em young ;)

Fingers crossed here for bullets in that littl'uns gun!

Best wishes,

It didn't go according to plan, but I had to laugh at this attempted mating.I swear Bonanza's saying 'Just hang on while I get my clothes off'! After shedding he was too worn out to lock onto Pearl, but I'll give him another chance next week :rofl:

Attachments

• 40.jpg
    40.jpg
    33.2 KB · Views: 62
  • 41.jpg
    41.jpg
    47.2 KB · Views: 62
  • 42.jpg
    42.jpg
    41.3 KB · Views: 62
  • 44.jpg
    44.jpg