• Hello!

Either you have not registered on this site yet, or you are registered but have not logged in. In either case, you will not be able to use the full functionality of this site until you have registered, and then logged in after your registration has been approved.

Registration is FREE, so please register so you can participate instead of remaining a lurker....

Please be certain that the location field is correctly filled out when you register. All registrations that appear to be bogus will be rejected. Which means that if your location field does NOT match the actual location of your registration IP address, then your registration will be rejected.

Sorry about the strictness of this requirement, but it is necessary to block spammers and scammers at the door as much as possible.

Egg incubator rack

Rich,

I never could have imagined the amount of work that goes into your business. It has to be tough at times, but I'm sure you still come out satisfied with your efforts in the end, right?

Rich,

I never could have imagined the amount of work that goes into your business. It has to be tough at times, but I'm sure you still come out satisfied with your efforts in the end, right?

That's hard to say. I guess I have to admit that I do have a lingering fear that when I am on my death bed that I will regret spending so much time working and not spending more time enjoying life..... :shrugs: This does suck up nearly all of my time.

That's hard to say. I guess I have to admit that I do have a lingering fear that when I am on my death bed that I will regret spending so much time working and not spending more time enjoying life..... :shrugs: This does suck up nearly all of my time.

I guess it's a passion. If you're not finding any enjoyment in it, then it's not worth doing.

Oh my goodness that is a lot of work. Cool or not it is just a bunch of... WORK! Specially when it is your... work!

did I mention it looks like work?

Cool racks though

It IS work. Just look at what it takes to get, say, 300 females bred three times. (I haven't counted the actual number of females being bred this year, so this is just a round number plucked out of the air). That means 900 instances of moving a male into the females cage, and 900 removals the following day. Not including the times no mating takes place. And ALL within the window of opportunity we call "breeding season".

That is all on top of doing the regular stuff around here.

I don't care how much you like to do something, too much is still TOO MUCH at times.

Plus getting old and feeble just doesn't help at ALL........... :bang:

I guess it's a passion. If you're not finding any enjoyment in it, then it's not worth doing.

I think maybe 20 some years ago it was a passion to Rich, now its business as usual, understandably, it is worth doing even though it is over whelming..

Tim of T and J

I think maybe 20 some years ago it was a passion to Rich, now its business as usual, understandably, it is worth doing even though it is over whelming..

Tim of T and J

I think the saying is true, that if you keep getting more corns you will start to love each one less and less and eventually will lose almost all love for them, thus ending the passion.

But hey, if Rich has any complaints, he can lighten his load by sending me an adult Lavblood or two :)

And yes, I'm being serious about him sending me a Lavblood...

Tim of T and J

I think it is more that I have learned to hate Murphy. When you see things that can't just be random bad luck and seemingly appear to be someone actively targeting you for just plain BAD luck, you eventually get kind of discouraged about things.

And, quite honestly, no one who sets out to do what I am doing now can possibly understand what things will be like when you start to get into the mid 50s in age. I know I didn't. I thought the things I could do at 35 years of age I could continue doing forever. Who would have ever thought that simply STANDING cleaning containers and feeding snakes for 8 hours at a stretch could be more than your back and knees can hold up under? Stooping down to mix 5 gallon buckets of damp vermiculite and peat moss gets old when your knees protest sharply about being asked to get you standing up again. And every year it gets harder to do....

When it comes to a battle between passion and pain, pain will win every time.

I think the saying is true, that if you keep getting more corns you will start to love each one less and less and eventually will lose almost all love for them, thus ending the passion.
Interesting, I've NEVER heard that saying . . . :shrugs: Sounds kinda made up to me.

D80

Interesting, I've NEVER heard that saying . . . :shrugs: Sounds kinda made up to me.

D80

The saying is different that what I said following it. The saying is that if you keep on having more of one thing (toys, pets, corns, what have you) you will begin to like or love each item less and less. I believe it was actually Dean who said that if he got more and more corns that he might start to love each one less and less, though I may be mistaken. :)

The saying is different that what I said following it. The saying is that if you keep on having more of one thing (toys, pets, corns, what have you) you will begin to like or love each item less and less. I believe it was actually Dean who said that if he got more and more corns that he might start to love each one less and less, though I may be mistaken. :)
Ooops, sorry, nope, not ringin' a bell. My bad I guess.

D80

Lol, you're in ND, I'm in PA. I can easily see how our saying differ. :)
I'm an American, you must be from like Guatemala or something. I don't even have a saying which is even remotely similar to the saying that you are quoting that sounded made up. Either way, no bells are a ringing. Sorry. :) If it makes you feel better I didn't even sleep in a Holiday Inn Express last night and I still don't have a clue who you are trying to quote. :uhoh:

D80

I've never heard that saying, or any variation thereof. I certainly have never said anything like it. I DEFINITELY don't love every one of my snakes, and numbers don't have much to do with it. I've actually SOLD snake I love to preserve space/time/money/resources/energy for some that I don't. I think you're mistaken, Pat. ;)

Back