• Hello!

Either you have not registered on this site yet, or you are registered but have not logged in. In either case, you will not be able to use the full functionality of this site until you have registered, and then logged in after your registration has been approved.

Registration is FREE, so please register so you can participate instead of remaining a lurker....

Please be certain that the location field is correctly filled out when you register. All registrations that appear to be bogus will be rejected. Which means that if your location field does NOT match the actual location of your registration IP address, then your registration will be rejected.

Sorry about the strictness of this requirement, but it is necessary to block spammers and scammers at the door as much as possible.

! Hi Everyone !

Urban_M86

I want to get my 1 corn snake some time next week I already have a nice home for him/her, the only thing that worries me is that the only pet shop that I know of in provo Utah are petco and petsmart , does any of you think the take good care of their snakes? Does anyone knows of any reputable pet store near provo? And last but not least can mate a bloodred corn snake with a Black & White Striped California King Snake?

thx GUYS POST SOME PICS OF MY NEW SNAKE LATER ON NEXT WEEK

Welcome! Sometimes you can get a good snake at a pet store but a lot of times there can be problems with them. Especially if you are planning on breeding whatever snake you get, I would suggest buying one from a breeder. Then you would know the gender & any hets the animal is carrying. There are two members, (breeders) that I know of, on here that are in Utah, I'm not sure where exactly they live, but you might be able to at least meet them half-way. One is Wade, who you'll meet if your on this forum for very long. I can't remember the other one's name right now, but you can find their contact info in the classified section. There is a sticky post at the top with all the breeders, all under the state that they live in. You can breed a corn to a king, I think that's called a Jungle, I'm not real up on highbreds. But it's probably not something a beginner would want to try, as kings are very good at eating other snakes & you would have to be ready to separate them. I know there's also quite a lot of other stuff you'd need to do as well but I don't remember it off the top of my head. There was a thread about it in the breeding section awhile ago though, so you could search for it. Hope that helped!

Welcome! Sometimes you can get a good snake at a pet store but a lot of times there can be problems with them. Especially if you are planning on breeding whatever snake you get, I would suggest buying one from a breeder. Then you would know the gender & any hets the animal is carrying. There are two members, (breeders) that I know of, on here that are in Utah, I'm not sure where exactly they live, but you might be able to at least meet them half-way. One is Wade, who you'll meet if your on this forum for very long. I can't remember the other one's name right now, but you can find their contact info in the classified section. There is a sticky post at the top with all the breeders, all under the state that they live in. You can breed a corn to a king, I think that's called a Jungle, I'm not real up on highbreds. But it's probably not something a beginner would want to try, as kings are very good at eating other snakes & you would have to be ready to separate them. I know there's also quite a lot of other stuff you'd need to do as well but I don't remember it off the top of my head. There was a thread about it in the breeding section awhile ago though, so you could search for it. Hope that helped!

THX I REALLY APRICIATE UR RESPOND

If you can, buy from a breeder, the snakes are in excellent conditions, you have more morph choices and the snakes are cheaper.

We have found a couple nice corns at Petco, but like others have said it's always better if you can buy from a breeder. Welcome to CS.com. Good luck with your decision.

Welcome! Sorry about posting late... sometimes we get "stuck" in other discussions! :p

Hope you enjoy your time with all of us!

I want to get my 1 corn snake some time next week I already have a nice home for him/her, the only thing that worries me is that the only pet shop that I know of in provo Utah are petco and petsmart , does any of you think the take good care of their snakes? Does anyone knows of any reputable pet store near provo? And last but not least can mate a bloodred corn snake with a Black & White Striped California King Snake?

thx GUYS POST SOME PICS OF MY NEW SNAKE LATER ON NEXT WEEK

Welcome! I'm new here too, and you will LOVE having a corn. We've only had ours for 7 weeks now, and we are already HOOKED! LOL Wish I was closer as I would bring you one from the breeder we got Jackie from, but Texas to Utah is quite a drive!! Good luck in your search, and can't wait to see what you get! :p

I order corn snakes from don sodrberg..southmountainrepitiles.com awesome snakes..try cornsnakes.com his site will pop up.. very good snakes

Back