• Hello!

Either you have not registered on this site yet, or you are registered but have not logged in. In either case, you will not be able to use the full functionality of this site until you have registered, and then logged in after your registration has been approved.

Registration is FREE, so please register so you can participate instead of remaining a lurker....

Please be certain that the location field is correctly filled out when you register. All registrations that appear to be bogus will be rejected. Which means that if your location field does NOT match the actual location of your registration IP address, then your registration will be rejected.

Sorry about the strictness of this requirement, but it is necessary to block spammers and scammers at the door as much as possible.

Whats the funniest thing your corn snake has ever done?

Back with another shot

DSCF0065.jpg

seeing as tulip is a baby she likes to coil and slither around my fingers, yet, the other day she realy badly knotted herself but in the cutest way possible, bless her, she warpped around my fingers and out her head thrugh her own loop, she realsied her mistake when she couldnt move and was a little ball of snake :) nothing a quick untangling coudnt fix tho :p

Ok, had to add mine.

Years ago when I lived with my dad still, I was at work and my sister called from home in a panic. She said my corn snake, Basilisk was shedding so she was watching, and he slithered in a big circle and went right into the mouth of the skin which was just sitting there open. She was freaking out because she thought the snake would suffocate in his own skin! I was on the phone with her saying things like "He slithered into his own skin?" and my coworkers were completely bewildered!

Anyways I told her to leave him alone but she was SO sure he would die, I finally told her to just rip the skin and he could breathe. I figure, at least I have a little sister who isnt scared of snakes!

Another funny story, not a corn, but one morning my Mexican black king came up OUT of the bathtub drain while I was taking a shower. And I actually had to stop and think about whether or not it was really my snake!

Sarah

FireDrake said:
Ok, had to add mine.

Years ago when I lived with my dad still, I was at work and my sister called from home in a panic. She said my corn snake, Basilisk was shedding so she was watching, and he slithered in a big circle and went right into the mouth of the skin which was just sitting there open. She was freaking out because she thought the snake would suffocate in his own skin! I was on the phone with her saying things like "He slithered into his own skin?" and my coworkers were completely bewildered!

Anyways I told her to leave him alone but she was SO sure he would die, I finally told her to just rip the skin and he could breathe. I figure, at least I have a little sister who isnt scared of snakes!

Another funny story, not a corn, but one morning my Mexican black king came up OUT of the bathtub drain while I was taking a shower. And I actually had to stop and think about whether or not it was really my snake!

Sarah

oh god that is so funny
i had a similar experience.... i was talking over the phone and saying things like.... i took him outside to eat and he wouldnt.. so i left him out all night....you should have seen the looks of my friends when they heard that...

thats so funny
i get such a good kick out of it

Those pictures remind me of when I was in Petco and looking at the ball pythons. One of them had wrapped himself completely around the gauge. I thought it was fake at first, like the company made gauges with fake snakes on them for decorative purposes.

My 9 month old Amber was trying to relax after her recent shed but while she was curled up like a ball on the edge of the tank, i saw her tank moving back and forth like a doggy tail wag while the rest of her body was still. I thought it was bizarre but hilarious.

OnyxWerewolf said:
My 9 month old Amber was trying to relax after her recent shed but while she was curled up like a ball on the edge of the tank, i saw her tank moving back and forth like a doggy tail wag while the rest of her body was still. I thought it was bizarre but hilarious.

actually I have a video to show you all. I thought it was hilarious when my mom wanted to test her new camera out so she started recording a video of Amber because she was moving around. THen my mom wanted to show me the camera quality. However, what she didn't know is that Amber yawned in the middle of her movement.

My mom and I were rolling on the floor about it. :rofl:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6y1r0e5FLR8 :grin01:

OnyxWerewolf said:

"...i saw her tail moving back and forth like a doggy tail wag..."

1. The first day I had my amel as a hatchling she went to investigate her water dish and whilst sensing the side of the dish her tongue got stuck to it and she freaked out until it came loose (reminded me of that kid stuck to the metal pole in "A Christmas Story").

2. When climbing in her viv she tends to fall and occasionally lands in her water dish, so I randomly wake up to splashing sounds and go to find the inside glass covered in water.

3. I woke up once, checked out the viv and noticed that ,somehow, my amel had moved her cardboard hide perfectly over her water dish and was sitting inside, under the water (I could see cause one side of the box is removed so it was like a desk drawer slightly ajar).

After owning 'Pebbles' since christmas we knew she was due a shed soon, anyway last night my daughter got her out of her viv ( she is such a sweet calm baby, even when blue she loves to be handled), anyway, Paige started excercising her, then she started to rub on her hands and fingers, she then found a hard button through Paiges jumper and really pressed hard and started quiverring, obviously trying to break her skin to shed. This was attempted for a couple of times but without success so we put her back in her viv where she then was frantically pushing at anything hard to start her shed. After about five minutes, and me and my daughter starting to feel a bit sorry for her, she finally shed (complete yeh!), and then proceeded to to try and get back into her skin lol!
We then got her back out and rewarded her with her pinkie tea!!

What an eventful evening.

When I changed my corn's tank from Eco-earth to aspen substrate, it loved to play 'Hide in the aspen and then pop out and bite Jake's fingers when he's trying to find you.'

I think that the weirdest thing my snake has ever done is number 1 have a staring compotition with me ( i lost )
And 2 when hes eating a pinkie once he was so hungry and impationt he presses the mouse up against the lid of the cage to hurry up the feeding process

Back