• Hello!

Either you have not registered on this site yet, or you are registered but have not logged in. In either case, you will not be able to use the full functionality of this site until you have registered, and then logged in after your registration has been approved.

Registration is FREE, so please register so you can participate instead of remaining a lurker....

Please be certain that the location field is correctly filled out when you register. All registrations that appear to be bogus will be rejected. Which means that if your location field does NOT match the actual location of your registration IP address, then your registration will be rejected.

Sorry about the strictness of this requirement, but it is necessary to block spammers and scammers at the door as much as possible.

'mystery snake' siblings...

debcash

Austin's Mom
Here are 2 lavenders het ??? that I purchased from Rich Hume. They are '05 siblings of the 'mystery snake'. Given their coloration I am guessing that they are hypo, but they do have a different look than my other hypo lavs. I have an amber, 2 bloodreds, a caramel, 2 amels and 2 normals from the clutch. I thought it would be a fun project to do breeding trials with them.

100_1051.jpg

100_1058.jpg

Enjoy!!
Deb

Last edited:
It makes you wonder if they are homo for Charcoal or if the Mystery Hypo Mimic is involved. If you added more pink color to your Lavenders they would look very similar to my ODD Lavenders that I produce occasionally.

The only think I know about the milky looking mimic is that it is reproducible, but really varies depending on what other colors are involved. The top Lavender looks to be het Blood I would guess.

Another thing to look at is whether anery A is involved. Perhaps you've got a true "lavender ghost"?

-Kat

Also, there are three genes (hypo, caramel, and diffusion) mixed in various combinations in that clutch which can all have varying degrees of effect on the look of hets. I'm wondering what we should expect for the phenotype of a lav het hypo diffused caramel (versus a plain lav not het) or a hypo lav het caramel diffused (versus a plain hypo lav not het) and so on... It will certainly make the breeding trials a lot of fun. :)

ecreipeoj said:
It makes you wonder if they are homo for Charcoal or if the Mystery Hypo Mimic is involved. If you added more pink color to your Lavenders they would look very similar to my ODD Lavenders that I produce occasionally.

The only think I know about the milky looking mimic is that it is reproducible, but really varies depending on what other colors are involved. The top Lavender looks to be het Blood I would guess.

Those eyes scream charcoal, eh?

To me the 2nd one looks like what I think a lavender charcoal would look like.... But they botj are gorgeous no matter what they are!

Joejr14 said:

I agree, my first guess would be Charcoal Lav or Hypo Charcoal Lav. Can't wait to hear what breeding trails will say.

Now that I actually look at em, yes, yes they do. Heh... if not for the saddleborders, you could almost make a case for a leucistic color corn morph there.

-Kat

If my Bloodreds het. Lavender, Charcoal bring out an animal that has only approximately that colors, I will thank god! The colors of this snake are amazing I think. Let's hope to prove this out to be reproducable through gene combinations.

Thanks everyone!!

I really appreciate all the comments! Thanks!!

As hatchlings they didn't look much different but as they have grown they have changed quite a bit. One interesting thing is that none of the other 7 from the clutch in various other morphs look at all different than what you would expect a typical example of the morph to look like, so whatever it is that is involved, it only seems to show up in the Lavenders.

Deb

Hey Dean...

:-offtopic
Dean -
I keep on forgetting to ask you...
How is Melanie doing??
Did she produce for you this year?

deb

charcoal

The eyes look more like some of the hypo lavs I have but the color doesnt,the first one seems to have some bloodred influence,can you post some belly pictures?

Back