CornSnakes.com Forums  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLinks ads? Register and log in!

Go Back   CornSnakes.com Forums > The CornSnake Forums > Feeders
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Notices

Feeders Any and all issues about raising rats, mice, or anything else that you feed your cornsnakes.

BIG CHEESE RODENTS SALE!!!!

Old 08-22-2013, 03:06 PM   #21
sumguy
@Caity The Artic Mice seemed very expensive for their size. definitely do some price comparisons. A quote with shipping won't cost anything except a few minutes on the phone. The other thing to consider is a very young snake will grow so buying bulk mice of a certain size might leave you with surplus when he outgrows them.
That said, I only order from BigCheese and The Mouse Factory before they closed.

Old 10-24-2013, 06:34 PM   #22
Nanci
Big Cheese has a nice sale on adults and weanlings going on right now. 35 cents for an adult mouse! In my experience, these are in the 18-20 gram range, but sparkling white and clean, with CHEAP shipping! I ordered 400 adults, plus 50 hoppers and 50 pinks, and the box was BIG and uncomfortably heavy for me to carry. $40 shipping. Even though it went ground from TX to FL, there was still a ton of dry ice in the box and the mice were frozen enough to hurt my fingers. Perfect order.

Old 10-25-2013, 05:47 AM   #23
Spencer
I envy you all! I payed about 100 dollars (including shipping) for the mice in my freezer, and only got about 100 of them.

Oh well, In comparison, My snake is still cheaper than a dog or bird. bout 2 years worth of food for 100 bucks aint bad

Old 10-25-2013, 09:37 PM   #24
MysticExotics
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spencer View Post
I envy you all! I payed about 100 dollars (including shipping) for the mice in my freezer, and only got about 100 of them.

Oh well, In comparison, My snake is still cheaper than a dog or bird. bout 2 years worth of food for 100 bucks aint bad
That's true!I pay $260 a month in dog food, for two dogs.

Old 11-29-2013, 11:19 AM   #25
Oscarsdad
I'm lucky to live close to The Big Cheese. The only problem is that I have to order the day before and schedule pick up but it saves me shipping and they have quality products. I checked into shipping and the quote was more than the cost of the order. I told them that must be wrong but they said that it was about right "that's pretty standard, 20lbs. of dry ice and the shipping box we use costs $5...."

Seems like 2lbs. and overnight delivery 12 miles would get the job done and be pretty reasonable, but I can see how they get them to Florida in such good shape.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! Cornsnakes.com is the largest online community dedicated to cornsnakes . Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Google