CornSnakes.com Forums  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLinks ads? Register and log in!

Go Back   CornSnakes.com Forums > The CornSnake Forums > Feeders
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Notices

Feeders Any and all issues about raising rats, mice, or anything else that you feed your cornsnakes.

Is it safe

Old 09-19-2013, 07:07 PM   #1
hoof888
Is it safe

Just got 100 frozen pinkies. Is it ok to keep them in my freezer with all of my regular food?

Old 09-19-2013, 07:12 PM   #2
The Cat
If they are in a bag, yes. It's not like their guts will leak out onto your food.

Old 09-19-2013, 07:17 PM   #3
hoof888
I thought so. Thanks. The wife just started freaking out.

Old 09-19-2013, 07:37 PM   #4
The Cat
To be sure, though, I would wait for a few more replies. I don't have a snake yet, and definitely no mice in the freezer. I'm pretty sure they'll be fine. I think tey come in tightly wrapped packages, and they shouldn't have any diseases spreading to your food.

Old 09-19-2013, 07:38 PM   #5
The Cat
*they (is it ten characters yet?)

Old 09-19-2013, 07:48 PM   #6
Christen
Yes it is safe You have nothing to worry about. Some will put them in brown paper bags to help those that don't like it feel better. It is just part of life at my house. I have a large chest freezer and the left side is mice and the right side is people food.

Old 09-19-2013, 08:45 PM   #7
Justine66
I use a large RUB for mice thats labled and their bagged inside the container..
I had people in my family that were a little creeped out by having dead mice in the freazer, so out of site out of mind

Old 09-20-2013, 09:01 AM   #8
Wamba681
I got a small chest freezer in my garage that I keep mice on the left, human food on the right. I keep the mice in plastic bags

Old 09-20-2013, 09:46 AM   #9
Nanci
I would get those small ziplock vacuum bags and split them up into smaller lots, like 25 (because they thaw so quickly if you take the bag out to get out however many you need). Then put the bags in a tupperware in the freezer.

I was just looking in my freezer last night, with a tray of pretty white adult mize, vacuum packed, with a pound of bacon sitting on top of them, and thinking, many people would find this strange...

Old 09-20-2013, 09:47 AM   #10
Nanci
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wamba681 View Post
I got a small chest freezer in my garage that I keep mice on the left, human food on the right. I keep the mice in plastic bags
I'd put an alarm on the outlet so you know if you lose power. A couple here this year have lost whole freezers of mice.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! Cornsnakes.com is the largest online community dedicated to cornsnakes . Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Google