CornSnakes.com Forums  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLinks ads? Register and log in!

Go Back   CornSnakes.com Forums > The CornSnake Forums > Feeders
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Notices

Feeders Any and all issues about raising rats, mice, or anything else that you feed your cornsnakes.

Bad Experience with Layne Labs

Old 11-22-2013, 05:15 PM   #1
HoneyHawthorne
Angry Bad Experience with Layne Labs

My mice just showed up and I am so disappointed. I ordered 4 Bags of 10 pinkies, 1 Bag of 10 sm Fuzzies, and 1 Bag of 10 lg Fuzzies. They threw all the pinkies into one bag--if I had wanted it like that I would have ordered elsewhere or gotten 100 in one bag which was the same price, I deliberately chose that option so they would come in separate bags. Every single bag was completely broken and the mice were all over the box (and their feet and tails too separately). Some were stuck to the dry ice, mostly just feet and tails. All in all I am disgusted and disappointed. If I had wanted this I could have gone elsewhere for less.

Old 11-22-2013, 05:34 PM   #2
MikeSaw23
Quote:
Originally Posted by HoneyHawthorne View Post
My mice just showed up and I am so disappointed. I ordered 4 Bags of 10 pinkies, 1 Bag of 10 sm Fuzzies, and 1 Bag of 10 lg Fuzzies. They threw all the pinkies into one bag--if I had wanted it like that I would have ordered elsewhere or gotten 100 in one bag which was the same price, I deliberately chose that option so they would come in separate bags. Every single bag was completely broken and the mice were all over the box (and their feet and tails too separately). Some were stuck to the dry ice, mostly just feet and tails. All in all I am disgusted and disappointed. If I had wanted this I could have gone elsewhere for less.
Personally I have never ordered from them before but thank you for sharing your experience with us. I would contact them ASAP to share your thoughts and see if they can work something out with you. Good luck to ya!

Old 11-22-2013, 05:35 PM   #3
Xerneas
That happened to me this week, not from Layne Labs, but with Big Cheese, which was pretty surprising to me. I wasn't really upset about some missing tails/limbs because pinkies are so small and fragile, except that some were also missing HEADS. That was very disgusting and I am quite disappointed but thankfully the majority of them were still usable and as usual the packaging is very high quality and all of the mice are clean. Sorry to hear about what happened!

Old 11-22-2013, 05:56 PM   #4
HeavenHell
I had the same issue with American Rodent Supply. They didn't wrap the dry ice well enough and it came in contact with the freezer bags and split them open. I have since stuck with Mice Direct or Rodent Pro and have not had an issue.

Old 11-22-2013, 06:04 PM   #5
Justine66
wow...

I haven't ordered through layne labs or big cheese.. as I'm located in Canada but that's horrible..
and to have heads missing on pinks seem extremely unexseptable..(I agree that tails and limbs can and do break off during transport but a WHOLE head???

that's just poor product control if you ask me, who ever is over seeing what's getting shipped before its it leaves the building isn't doing their job.. IMHO, I used to work at a printing factory and even having panflits leave the building that had a folded corner had to be fixed.. and that's a paper panflit! lol when it comes to the quality of food for someone's pet I would think they would put more care into their company ..

very sad to hear, thank you for sharing!

Old 11-22-2013, 06:05 PM   #6
HoneyHawthorne
All better now!

I contacted them, and this is the reply I got--which completely satisfies me!

Quote:
Jocelyn,

I apologize for this situation, but I assure you that our customer satisfaction is our number one concern. I would be more than happy to reship you the order. Unfortunately what you are describing sounds like the product of rough handling by the carrier. When FedEx does not handle the packages with care the bags inside can break and can cause the mice to break as well. I noticed that you purchased our smallest size mice. When these mice are frozen they become brittle and they can be broke like this when the packages are not handled with care. I will make sure to send you the correct order (in bags of 10 this time as well). Due to the Thanksgiving holiday next week we cannot ship until the first week of December though. Please let me know if this will suffice.

Thank you,

Jenna Bennett

Old 11-22-2013, 06:13 PM   #7
Xerneas
Yeah, it was absolutely awful to have the heads missing, but I honestly think there's going to be a disappointment from every company at one point or another. For every twenty (or whatever #) people who are very happy with a company there's going to be one that's disappointed IMHO. I have been very satisfied with Big Cheese before as have many other people and I think their customer service is fantastic and besides just those few the other mice were very clean and looked great so I am personally OK with having a slip up. If every single mouse was like that I would have been VERY angry.

Old 11-22-2013, 06:22 PM   #8
Justine66
this is very true! ^^^

shipping is well shipping! lol and accidents do happen along the way..
I think it was just reading that the heads were missing sorta through me back, I haven't experienced that one..yet lol

and hopefully not soon! lol

Old 11-22-2013, 07:42 PM   #9
Ryan Beatty
The last two orders I received from mice direct were terrible. The larger mice were filthy and most of the pinkies in both orders were freezer burned badly. When I contacted them about it they said they didn't send any freezer burned pinkies and were rude in the emails. Very disappointed with them. That's why I quit using them years ago but I got suckered in by their 50% off sale. I guess you get what you pay for.

Old 11-22-2013, 07:46 PM   #10
Shiari
A pinky or two (or even a fuzzy) with the head broken off doesn't bother me really. They aren't joking about the brittle and the heads are easily broken off with your fingers while the mice are still frozen.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! Cornsnakes.com is the largest online community dedicated to cornsnakes . Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Google