CornSnakes.com Forums  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLinks ads? Register and log in!

Go Back   CornSnakes.com Forums > The CornSnake Forums > Feeders
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Notices

Feeders Any and all issues about raising rats, mice, or anything else that you feed your cornsnakes.

Bad Experience with Layne Labs

Old 11-23-2013, 12:09 AM   #11
MikeSaw23
Through experience the best thing to do is contact the company immediately, you could even include pictures of the shipment to enhance your statement but the most important thing for a company is customer satisfaction so "usually" the company, such as this case shows, will go over and beyond to make you happy as they would want you to continue ordering from them.

Happy to hear about your situation and that you were able to get it straighten out.

Old 11-23-2013, 03:10 AM   #12
Gabby1970
I had a bad experience with Layne Labs too. They gave me a bunch of extras to make up for it, and accidentally shipped my order twice, so I ended up with more pinkies, fuzzies and hoppers than I will ever need, but I'll find another company to order from in the future.

Old 11-23-2013, 10:33 AM   #13
Chip
Just as FYI, take photos when this happens. Not just to post here, but to show the companies. Pinks do break easily, but packages should never break open and spill out.

Old 11-23-2013, 11:12 AM   #14
Nanci
The heads of frozen pinks just pop right off. Just save the heads/headless bodies in case you have a regurge! They are great for tiny hatchlings, too. Like Chip says, the heads/limbs break off pinks very easily. But broken bags is not acceptable. I have made two orders with Big Cheese and have always been REALLY happy with them.

Old 11-23-2013, 01:17 PM   #15
AshWolFF
I have had three orders with RodentPro and I'm really happy with them. I've had a few tails/feet broken off but no heads or broken bags.

They are having a sale right now if anyone is buying rodents.

Old 11-23-2013, 01:41 PM   #16
Gabby1970
My problem wasn't with the mice. They told me when to expect my shipment. I took that day off of work (a Friday lunch shift is a lot for a bartender to give up), but instead of my mice, I got an email saying that everything was "on schedule" for me to receive my shipment the following week. I called them but had to leave a voicemail. After a few hours of not hearing back from them I sent an email.

On Monday afternoon (almost 72 hours later) I finally heard back from them. Their email said that they didn't tell me I would get my mice that day, and that the delay in their response was due to the fact that I called after they leave the office at 4pm. I sent them a copy of the email showing that they DID say that I would get them that day, and reminded them that cell phones keep a log of calls made and when they were made. I had actually called them at 2pm my time, which is 11am their time.

Now, as I said, they bent over backwards to make things right, and accidentally shipped my order twice. I ended up coming out way ahead, but their dishonesty and unwillingness to initially take responsibility for their mistake has lead me to decide to never use them again.

Old 11-23-2013, 03:06 PM   #17
Walter Smith
I purchase from two suppliers.....Big Cheese & RodentPro..........ONLY.

Big Cheese is my first choice.....ALWAYS happy with their clean, vac-sealed product.

I use RodentPro dependant apon if Big Cheese is out of something/amount that I need (which is rare) or if RodentPro has something at a lower price and have ALWAYS been happy with their products to.

I like Big Cheese over RodentPro due to the vac-seal. I usually order large quantities and the vac-seal provides a longer shelf life and prevents again freezer burn.

These two seem to have the lowest prices most of the time as well.

Walter
BOUT' CORNS !!

Old 11-23-2013, 08:52 PM   #18
Zombiegirl
I've never had an issue with LL, but that is such a bummer. Their customer service has impressed me, when I've just contacted them with general questions. You should see some of the packages I get...UPS isn't much better...I really don't think they care much about how "fragile" something is...

Old 11-23-2013, 10:28 PM   #19
AliCat37
Reading this thread makes me really happy to buy locally. o.e
I have however fed rodents from some of the bigger places and have yet to be satisfied.

I got a few mice from the expo last week since I ran out of adults, and I opened the bag this week and the mice smelled rotten. Their skin was all black, you could feel the bones in their tails, and they blew all their fur, so I think they were rotten. YUCK!

Old 11-23-2013, 10:48 PM   #20
Zombiegirl
The only options to buy local here are live (newp), or from Petco/Petsmart/local ma'n'pa...The quality from those 3 places is less than stellar...

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! Cornsnakes.com is the largest online community dedicated to cornsnakes . Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Google