CornSnakes.com Forums  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLinks ads? Register and log in!

Go Back   CornSnakes.com Forums > The CornSnake Forums > Feeders
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Notices

Feeders Any and all issues about raising rats, mice, or anything else that you feed your cornsnakes.

Ready to move to the next feeder size?

Old 11-30-2013, 07:54 PM   #1
xStaticSnow
Ready to move to the next feeder size?

I wish I had a sensitive scale so that I could weight my snake and feeders, but my old one broke and I have yet to buy a new one.

I think my pewter is ready to move up from fuzzies to what hopper/weanlings (whatever it is that I have) but I'm always super nervous about moving my snakes up a size...

I took some photos with the two mice sized next to my snake. He has been eating the fuzzies, but the older mouse honestly doesn't seem much "girthier" than the fuzzy.

Does he look ready to you guys?

Old 11-30-2013, 07:59 PM   #2
ghosthousecorns
I'd bump him up

Old 11-30-2013, 08:00 PM   #3
ghosthousecorns
Real nice pewter BTW

Old 11-30-2013, 08:01 PM   #4
xStaticSnow
Quote:
Originally Posted by ghosthousecorns View Post
Real nice pewter BTW
Thanks! He's even in the clear phase of shedding right now

Old 11-30-2013, 09:27 PM   #5
Lt. Dan
Beautiful boy there. I agree he should handle those with no problem.

Old 12-01-2013, 03:45 PM   #6
TyeW
I also agree that he could take hoppers no problem. My fuzzies look almost as big as those hoppers. Nice snake

Old 12-01-2013, 06:02 PM   #7
HVani
Thanks for posting this!

My snake Henry is about the same size of your guy and I've been concerned about bumping him up. He's 73g so according to Munson he should be fine but I wasn't sure. This makes me feel better.

Old 12-01-2013, 09:34 PM   #8
TyeW
Quote:
Originally Posted by HVani View Post
Thanks for posting this!

My snake Henry is about the same size of your guy and I've been concerned about bumping him up. He's 73g so according to Munson he should be fine but I wasn't sure. This makes me feel better.
Munson's feeding plan has worked wonders for my snakes so far I'm sure it can be applied loosely to some other colubrids as well.

Old 12-02-2013, 04:26 AM   #9
MysticExotics
I agree to bump up in feeding size.
I use the Munson plan for mine as well.

Old 12-02-2013, 09:38 AM   #10
Alicia P
I base feeding off of the Munson plan - letting them get a little bigger than the chart says before moving to the next prey size. I feel more comfortable being cautious.

OP I would say your pewter could move up to the larger mouse pictured no problem

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! Cornsnakes.com is the largest online community dedicated to cornsnakes . Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Google