CornSnakes.com Forums  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLinks ads? Register and log in!

Go Back   CornSnakes.com Forums > The CornSnake Forums > Breeding/Egg Production & Care
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

Breeding/Egg Production & Care Any topics concerning breeding of the cornsnake, brumation, egg laying, or issues concerning problems in any step along the way.

Hip hip horray! I finally got my first pip today!

Old 07-28-2011, 06:45 AM   #41
SnakeAround
It's probably a piece of umbellical cord. Put in on damp newspaper without any object around it could get stuck to, actually just nothing but maybe a small waterbowl if it takes longer. You will be surprised how soon it will fall off. If you see egg yolk hanging out too, I would cut that off, below from where you see veins. I have seen that getting stuck to the paper towel, pulling out more stuff from the babies belly... yike!
I have noticed that sometimes the stuff will already come off when handling the baby to put it in the tub or trying to watch it closely, lol.

Old 07-28-2011, 06:50 AM   #42
wildlifephotographer
Don't have any newspaper around would wet damp plain paper towel work?

Old 07-28-2011, 06:54 AM   #43
SnakeAround
Yeah, that is what I use, better than newspaper IMO.

Old 07-28-2011, 06:56 AM   #44
Tania
really LOVE the hypo!!!!!

Old 07-28-2011, 06:56 AM   #45
wildlifephotographer
Thank you for helping me out. I hope it falls off soon. And hope that it's just part of the umbolical corn.

Old 07-28-2011, 06:58 AM   #46
wildlifephotographer
Thanks Tania, he's my fiesty one but very pretty.

Old 07-28-2011, 07:00 AM   #47
wildlifephotographer
It's pretty reddish/pink and I don't see any veins. But hope that its the umbilical cord.

Old 07-28-2011, 07:50 AM   #48
Nanci
Quote:
Originally Posted by wildlifephotographer View Post
Yeah, it's so hard not to watch them. The second ghost corn finally came out and the other anery prematurely came out of it's egg.... and has something pinkish hanging out of his or hers private area. It seems to be doing ok for now, but not sure what to do for him/her as far as put it in a moist damp container or a dry container, not sure exactly whats hanging out, scared it might be it's private part? My damn camera ran out of batteries soo I will have to wait until they charge and until I get up out of bed to take pics of it to ost on here.
Probably the "egg stem." It will usually fall off after a day or two. I put them on damp paper towels. I had a _really_ bad (to me) one this year. (I showed it to Carol and she wasn't concerned at all!) It was quite thick and extensive. I snipped it off down to about 1/2 inch so it would not get caught on stuff. It gradually dried up and fell off, which took days!! After it was off, there was a sort of reddened area which closed up over the course of a few more days until now you can't tell at all.

But usually it falls off the next day, and you can't even feel any defect, much less see anything.

Old 07-28-2011, 07:53 AM   #49
SnakeAround
True true true.... I had the worst ever this year, looked like nothing had been absorbed and was scared it would pull the guts out of that tiny baby but after cutting it a bit, the rest fell off after like an hour or so.

Old 07-28-2011, 02:28 PM   #50
wildlifephotographer
Well, I got up not to long ago and checked on the little anery that had something sticking out of him, it's still conected to his private area, and he/she has turned a little mean/striky so I can't pick him up to get a better view of it. I hope he/she will be alright and calm down some after a day or two.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! Cornsnakes.com is the largest online community dedicated to cornsnakes . Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Google