CornSnakes.com Forums  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLinks ads? Register and log in!

Go Back   CornSnakes.com Forums > The CornSnake Forums > Breeding/Egg Production & Care
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

Breeding/Egg Production & Care Any topics concerning breeding of the cornsnake, brumation, egg laying, or issues concerning problems in any step along the way.

Freaking out! My first snake laid an egg- she was a virgin as far as I know!

Old 07-11-2012, 08:10 PM   #41
RobbiesCornField
Your 70g 6 month old snake MAY HAVE bred your 150-200g snake in November. Or, if you were brumating them, it might have caused your female to cycle, and produce a clutch of slugs. There are many proven cases of females randomly popping out a clutch of slugs, even when no male was introduced.
CALM DOWN. Take a deep breath. Leave... your snake... ALONE.

Old 07-11-2012, 08:12 PM   #42
Lyion
They didn't breed her. But the snakes were shipped in the same container to my friend, so they could have bred.

Old 07-11-2012, 08:14 PM   #43
Lyion
Quote:
Originally Posted by RobbiesCornField View Post
Your 70g 6 month old snake MAY HAVE bred your 150-200g snake in November. Or, if you were brumating them, it might have caused your female to cycle, and produce a clutch of slugs. There are many proven cases of females randomly popping out a clutch of slugs, even when no male was introduced.
CALM DOWN. Take a deep breath. Leave... your snake... ALONE.
We did not brumate. The other eggs have already hardened and yellowed, with the exception of one egg which is bright and firm, but not hard and much larger than the others. I'll leave her alone. I'm more concerned about her than the eggs.

Old 07-11-2012, 08:18 PM   #44
MysticExotics
Quote:
Originally Posted by nwheather View Post
I'm confused.
She's about two years old now, or she was two a little more than a year ago?Also, just to confirm, she was only with the one male that you put in her cage, & that was the 10 gram male, last November?
I'm asking all these questions because I'm trying to get a clear picture of the whole situation.
Quote:
What about these questions...
how old is she now? at the beginning of the thread you said she was two years old, but then later said she was shipped when she was about two, but you've had her for a little more than a year.
Also, how long has it been since she's been with *any* males
?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lyion View Post
They didn't breed her. But the snakes were shipped in the same container to my friend, so they could have bred.
She was shipped how long ago? You have had her for more than a year, & you got her from the person she was shipped to, so how long ago was she shipped?

Old 07-11-2012, 08:18 PM   #45
Lyion
Quote:
What about these questions...
how old is she now? at the beginning of the thread you said she was two years old, but then later said she was shipped when she was about two, but you've had her for a little more than a year.
Also, how long has it been since she's been with *any* males?

I slipped up with the age. To be exact, she is Two years four months and one egg.

Old 07-11-2012, 08:19 PM   #46
Lyion
Quote:
She was shipped how long ago? You have had her for more than a year, & you got her from the person she was shipped to, so how long ago was she shipped?
That, I do not know. He said she had only been there around a month or two.

Old 07-11-2012, 08:24 PM   #47
MysticExotics
Quote:
I slipped up with the age. To be exact, she is Two years four months and one egg.
Ok, so just so I have this right.
1) Since you have had her for more than a year, she was about a year old when you got her, correct?
2) that said, it's been more than a year since she was shipped, with that male
3)the last time she was with any male, was back in November when you accidently put the 70gr male in with her, & looking at her iHerp page, she was in the 60-80 gram range back then

Is all this correct?

Old 07-11-2012, 08:29 PM   #48
MysticExotics
Quote:
That, I do not know. He said she had only been there around a month or two.
Ok, so that said, she was less than a year old when she was shipped then.

My money is on the eggs all being infertile.

Right now, with the fact that she was last weighed at less than 170grams (right before she laid eggs) my biggest concern would be that she does not become egg bound, since she's so tiny.

Old 07-11-2012, 08:34 PM   #49
Lyion
Okay, I'll put down the entire time line.

Xia pipped August 10 2010

Late June or Early may, my friend had shipped the snake to his house. When he opened up the package, she was in the same container as her brother from the same clutch.

I went over to his house, fell in love with the snake and after a while of begging, he sold her to me on June 1st 2011.

On September 10th 2011, I bought Worm, who was at that time, 4 months old.

On November the 26, I held him and accidentally put him in her cage. I searched around the house thinking I had lost him and an hour or two later, checked Xia's cage where they were sharing a hide. I put him back in his cage and never made the mistake again.

He was lost on January the 7th, and according to tracks, he had gotten outside. (luckily, he's a normal)

Late this month, aroun

Sunday, July 8th, after acting increasingly weird, (roaming aimlessly) I offered her the usual sized mouse, which she refused.

July 10, at 1 in the morning, I went upstairs to go change the water dish. I looked inside of her vivarium and saw an egg inside the moss, and Xia beneath it. I thought it was one of her fake glow in the dark eggs, and moved it aside only to realize it was real. I looked at her and saw her laying eggs. I gave her a night to rest, then went upstairs and checked on her at four today to see if she finished. She had not. The only egg which had not hardened and turned yellow was the first one, which I had put away in an incubator after grabbing it without knowing what it was.

Old 07-11-2012, 08:35 PM   #50
Lyion
Oh, and this was June to early may 2011 he had shipped her in.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! Cornsnakes.com is the largest online community dedicated to cornsnakes . Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Google