CornSnakes.com Forums  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLinks ads? Register and log in!

Go Back   CornSnakes.com Forums > Member Forums > Rich Z's Blatherings
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

Rich Z's Blatherings Since Connie and I have retired the SerpenCo business, topics here will focus on topics of a more personal and general nature.

Lavender Blood Reds

Old 10-17-2004, 08:55 PM   #11
Jason B.
breeding one of those to a hypo lavender stripe whould be one heck of a fun project. One expensive project too.

Old 10-17-2004, 09:41 PM   #12
Rich Z
Yeah, probably so. But I've just never had any incentive to breed one of the pattern cultivars into the Blood Red line. Just seemed counter-intuitive to me......

Old 03-21-2005, 07:12 PM   #13
Jynx
wow...just wow

Old 10-20-2005, 05:15 PM   #14
Dude
Okay the second one. My dream snake let me know if you have any more come out the nice a lavendra. I will talk my partner into it some how.

Old 10-20-2005, 07:14 PM   #15
debcash
Just amazing! They are my favorite!
I've gone to Serpenco.com on occasion just to look at the photos there (and to show the folks at work why corn snakes are so addictive - they thought I was lying about a purple snake).

Old 10-20-2005, 07:16 PM   #16
Dude
Most people think Im lieng too. But that is the coolest color purple I have ever seen. I will wait as long as I have to get one thats for sure.

Old 10-20-2005, 09:02 PM   #17
dwyn127
You can see my signature says I'm heading there in a few years.

Old 10-24-2005, 06:22 PM   #18
cornykids
Hopefully we'll be there with you!

Quote:
Originally Posted by dwyn127
You can see my signature says I'm heading there in a few years.

(05) 1.1 Normal het bloodred/lavender
Our mom says that if we breed any of the snakes we have, it would definetly be the 1.1 het for bloodred and lavenders that we got from Dakota Corns. We know the chances are 1 in 16 to get a lavender bloodred, but we are looking forward to trying.

Old 10-25-2005, 09:54 PM   #19
dwyn127
Quote:
Originally Posted by cornykids
Our mom says that if we breed any of the snakes we have, it would definetly be the 1.1 het for bloodred and lavenders that we got from Dakota Corns. We know the chances are 1 in 16 to get a lavender bloodred, but we are looking forward to trying.
That's who I got mine from. We'll have to keep in touch and compare notes as the grow up. Mine are getting big, about 27 grams. The male's got more red coloration then the female and both have awsome head patterns that definately show the het for bloodred. I'll be posting pics soon under a thread with the name Dakota corns in it.

Old 04-25-2008, 04:09 PM   #20
Voodoo
So Rich....whatever became of that super purple snake (the darker one)? So far, I've yet to see another lavblood that looks anything like that one. Do you think it was just a fluke that it turned out looking like that?

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! Cornsnakes.com is the largest online community dedicated to cornsnakes . Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Google